Thursday 12 July 2012

A Penny Saved

Hi Bloggers.

Not too sure about this card myself but I thought I'd share it anyway. I'm sure you will let me know what you think of it!


For the background I ran some Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Venus Crest Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern. This is such a beautiful design.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Wrinkles Don't Hurt Stamp Set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks except for the T-Shirt. I stamped the image onto some green Dot and Dash Foundations Paper with Coffee Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut out the T-Shirt and added it to the image using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I matted it onto some yellow and green card and then added some Baker's Twine from the Earthtones Set to make it look like a picture hanging on the wall.


I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Moss Green American Seam Binding. I added a Playhouse Posy and a button from my stash threaded with some Baker's Twine. I added a couple of Playhouse Pins to the back of the bow.


I assembled the card as shown.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, still not in love with Ethel and am afraid I don't like the colours. Maybe it is the photo but is looks a bit sickly. Sorry can' wait till these stamps are put yo bed.

    Wilma

    Ps I do have a sense of humour but no for these stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, I love the design, but not sure about the colour. Whish I could make that sentiment work for me though. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    I do like the layout and elements of this the colour scheme is nice and sharp and very fresh looking. I too am not such a fan of the ethel and murray stamops although can think of some people I know who would apprecaite the hunour in them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, I really like your layout for this card, I'm not sure about the colours, though they are crisp and refreshing..it's just Ethel and Murray I can't take to...the humour in the sentiments makes me smile and I am sure there are plenty who would appreciate that; for me it's the actual art work that I shy away from, but it's just personal taste :) Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous... lovely design, great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia love the colours you have used on this the stamped image and sentiment are good too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia

    I am not keen on the colours of this card, think they clash a bit but I love the layout and that embossing folder is now on my wish list its beautiful

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stamp and the sentiment Julia but the colours aren't for me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely card Julia. Not my favourite colours but it works.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, I tend to think of these colours for St. Patricks
    day don't know about any other occasion I would use them but I like
    the layout not sure about Ethel.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely bright card...just what we need to cheer us up in this weather!
    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, bright colours but not sure they are for me. Great sentiment!
    Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    I think its the yellow and green together that doesn't work, either the green or yellow with another colour would work better i think. Good layout and stamp tho.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sentiment brought a smile to my face...but I am not a fan of this range of stamps but I do know others that would like to recieve them x Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the way you have used these funny stamps Julia. I think the majority have been brilliant (there was just one that was a pink card and I felt too pink for the grumpy character). This one made me LOL because of the sentiment but particularly the colours. They are giggle making!!! Maybe it's because it's my birthday today and I have received a particularly bright card which also made me giggle.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thought Ethel had become a Norwich City fan, but somehow couldn't see Murray giving uphis golf no matter how bad his gamr!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everything about this card apart from the colours!! I think these stamps look more suited to muted colours otherwise it makes ethel look like mutton dressed as lamb!!! Lol thanks julia for giving us ideas love lesleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!