Sunday 8 July 2012

Forced to Work

Hi Bloggers.

Here's a card that was a demo in the 7pm show on Friday.


For the background I popped a piece of Coconut White card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Bark Embossing Folder. This is not a repeating pattern but it's possible to almost invisibly extend it by placing the embossed card at the edge of the pattern on the folder and run it through again. If it's a clearly visible join , you can always run a piece of ribbon along it.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Playing Through Stamp Set using coffee archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks and cut it out. I stamped the image a second time and cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Eight. I inked through the die with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I mounted the coloured image on top using 3d foam pads.


I wrapped some Moss Green American Seam Binding and some Baker's Twine from the Vintage Set around the card as shown.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using coffee archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Four and inked through the die with Peeled Paint. I popped it on the card as shown. On the show I added a couple of Playhouse Pins.

Simple card but I think any golfing man receiving this would love it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

16 comments:

  1. This card is great didn`t managed to see the shows ,As we had some unexpected guest`s .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, great card for the men in your life.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Julia
    I think they should do one for craft with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea Bea, that would be a big seller I'm sure

    Another good card Julia

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Julia

    Never got to see the show at 7 so it's nice to see the cards

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, another fab card, and agree with Bea. I have added these stamps to my wish list. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great "boy" card. I'm really liking the drawing inks think I might need a "play" with them soon. Another craft sentiment "Too much craft not enough time"! Have a great day and for any fellow tennis fans enjoy the match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card Julia. As I've mentioned before, I have just 1 Ethel stamp, so must get some more.
    Carolyn B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    Another humorous card. Definitely one for the boys.
    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia!!!
    Woke up late or I would have commented sooner.
    I LOVED the demo!!
    But I LOVED the card even more!!
    I bought Everything I didn't have as soon as your hour came on on friday I'd even made a list LOL!!
    Can't wait for my stamps, ribbon, cosmic shimmer inks and also some of my essentials. I'm really anxious to get started to see what I come up with.
    But sadly as I live in Ireland I have to wait a little longer than everyone in the UK :(

    I was delighted to discover that you are not a great colourer (I so don't believe it) because I've just started card making and it's nice to know that even the 'expert's' aren't always the ones who have 'expertise'.

    Now I can't wait for your next shows
    I think you are fantastic as always!!
    Waterford - Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia lovely card love the sentiment on this one, got me thinking we should have one for craft xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,

    To celina's comment on not being a great colourer, im actually an artist who sells my work but I also struggle with colouring stamped images - especially with the alcohol pens!!! These cosmic shimmer pens are ideal and i also use the cosmic shimmer powders to paint images with, so much easier and less stress. Crafting shouldnt be stressful!!

    As to this card, i love it as this is a layout i return to again and again. Great golfing card, i love that embossing folder - not one i have but it works great here.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work. Love the golfing image! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovely card Julia, your colouring in is awesome. Great sentiment and like the other comments should be one for crafters!
    Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just had a giggle at this Julia - the look on the poor chap's face says it all!!! A great 'manly' card. You have chosen brilliant colours.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Julia, but poor Murray, I think I would have been having a quiet giggle whilst I was colouring him in.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!