Tuesday 13 June 2017

One Day Special Shows continue today

Hi Bloggers.

One Day Special Shows continue today on Hochanda at 9am, 1pm and 5pm but before that I have to do a 7am show which will go out live to viewers in Holland - so I'll be up very early!

Here's today's card -

To create the background on this one, I cut the #1 die from Sue Wilson's Bali Die Set out of a piece of Coconut White Card 9 times (you can get away with not cutting the one under the topper). I took a photo to show you how I lined the die up -

I popped a piece of CS DS Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Coconut White Card (you don't have to, but I did). I removed the other backing sheet and popped my die cut piece on top. I added CS Sunlight Speckle Gilding Flakes to the exposed adhesive, removing the excess with a piece of Rubit Scrubit. I matted onto Silver Mirror Card, Gold Mirror Card and then another piece of Coconut White Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the CE Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Silver Dollar Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder. I made a frame out of Gold Mirror Card using die #2 from Sue's Indonesian Background Die Set and die #2 from Sue's Sumatra Die Set. I added it to my sentiment using CE Mounting Cushion and trimmed away the excess using scissors.

I cut dies #3 and #4 together from Sue's Sumatra Die Set out of Coconut White Card. I cut die #4 from the set out of Silver Mirror Card and glued the 2 die cuts together. I cut die #5 from the set out of Gold Mirror Card.

I completed my card by adding an 8mm White Pearl to each corner.

Hope you can tune in today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (13th June) - J
ustrite Love Sentiment Dies only £3.60!

32 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Wonderful background.Lovely card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, a really beautiful card today, love it. Have a great day with the shows, pity about having to be up so early. Take care all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, just been watching your last night show again, you certainly created a wonderful card here, lovely technique and such good advice too. I so loved the lavish petite stamp set, it has small words, just what I have been looking for.

    Got to get ready quick so that I don't miss your other shows.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, saw you demo this last night.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, enjoyed last nights show and your demonstration on this card which is gorgeous. I have the Bali die but wouldn't have thought to use the middle in this way.
    Looking forward to todays shows.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. Looking forward to catching up with your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    A stunning card, I love the way that you have used the die to create the background and the gilding flakes are so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, really beautiful.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, A beautiful card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia, A WOW card this Morning. I have been enjoying your shows .... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovey card this one Julia I loved your shows last night some beauties
    Thank you love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card, Julia. I would never think to use gold and silver mirror card together but it works.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Julia, watched last nights show and looking forward to todays

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yet another lovely card which I watched you create last night. Sat watching you on 9am show with my hands under my legs as I cannot afford any new dies at the moment so I will have to try and adapt this technique with ones I own already. Thanks for the bags of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Gorgeous, enjoyed watching you demo this last night.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this card from start to finish, beautiful....thank you for sharing with us Julia...will be watching the telly....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I watched you do this last night I love it Hope you're not too tired after all of the shows and that the roads are behaving!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my Julia.... you need plenty of coffee to keep you going today!

    This is a beautiful card, I love it!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed the demo of this lovely card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    I think this is beautiful, I love it, so classy. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia,
    Where do I start! Apologies for absence maybe! Thank you so much for the Shows I've seen so far! Brilliant! You really showcased the Indonesian Collection and although I can't buy all of it I will get two and then maybe one more later! Thank you for explaining how the set worked so well together. I know Sue's Dies always do but your demonstration really highlighted that. It's a lovely set and you have made some beautiful cards. Thanks Julia! Safe travel. You will be very tired!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card. I love the way you have used the small die from Bali die set. It shows how versatile Sue’s dies are. We can use any other small dies from any Sue’s collections to create such beautiful backgrounds. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration. Looking forward to catching up with your shows.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julia this is stunning and i really really love this.
    I love how subtle the gilding flakes look on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia really beautiful card I love the way you have used the die to create a background. I have really enjoyed your shows I watched your 9 and 12 o clock shows thank you for all the tips and techniques, you made some gorgeous cards. I missed the 5 o clock show but will watch it on catch up

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely card especially the background.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card and did manage to watch you making this.m enjoyed your shows and look forward to the Woodware show tomorrow night,

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!