Monday 5 June 2017

Walk the Plank

Hi Bloggers.

Had a great weekend with Kathryn - Shawn Mendes at the O2 on Friday night and then went to see Wicked on Saturday afternoon. Thankfully, we were in our hotel room watching a movie when the London Bridge attack happened. Very sad that we've been hit again.

Today, I'll be catching up with my web orders and prepping for next week.

Here's today's card -

The background is based on a Dyan Reaveley technique from her Guide to Art Journaling Book.

I started by waking up (ie spritzing with water) the red and the green in the Cosmic Shimmer Essentials Watercolour Palette. I painted them in stripes across a piece of Watercolour Card.

I placed the Heroic Mask on top on one side and spritzed with water. I turned the mask over and laid over the remainder of the background pressing it down. I removed the mask and blotted off the whole piece with Kitchen Roll. I then spritzed through a little of the Every Which Way Mask in several places using Phill Martin's Old Gold Mister.

I used 3 sizes of  container tops - I dipped them in Inky Midnight CS Mixed Media Paint and added them to my background as shown. I repeated with Perfect White CS Mixed Media Paint. I then added some lines of Black Paint using the side of a scraper and repeated with the White Paint.

I trimmed my background a little and matted onto Black Card and then Coconut White Card.

I stamped the 2 characters from the Woodware Ahoy Matey Stamp Set using Versafine Ink onto Watercolour Card. I coloured them using the Essentials Watercolour Palette and a Waterbrush. I cut them out using scissors and added them to my background using CE Mounting Cushion.

I stamped and coloured the parrot from the same set.

I added the scull & cross bones, stamped with versafine ink.

I stamped the sentiment onto Coconut White Card using Versafine Ink.I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Stitched Flags.

I painted a piece of Black Card with CS Graphite Shimmer Paint. Once dry, I cut out the anchor from Sue's Nautical Accessories Die Set and sanded it back to reveal the black core.

Not a quick card to make but lots of fun!

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 2nd June is .................................................

Barbara (comment left 16:14 June 2nd)

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (5th June) - J
ustrite A2 Butterfly Garden Dies only £8.99!

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, so glad to hear you were nowhere near that awful event, and that you had a good weekend. Love this card, quirky and fun. Well done Barbara. Take care all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    A great fun card any little boy would love it.
    So glad you had a good weekend.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card today and congrats to Barbara

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card-perfect for a young boys birthday.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia, glad you had a good weekend with Kathryn and that you were safe when the terrible events happened.
    Today's card is perfect for a young boys birthday.
    Congratulations to Barbara
    Marion S xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia, Glad you had a wonderful weekend and your safe. I just love this card and I remember watching you create the card on Hochanda. Its of of my favourite cards you have made.
    The colours are so striking and I love how you created the back ground. Congratulations to Barbara...... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandson would love this! After crafting with my granddaughter at the weekend, I realise that I need to extend my stamps which are pertinent for children to use with me.
    Dreadful to have another attack . How people can deliberately do something like this is beyond belief.
    Jan
    Northampton
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A fun card, loved the demo of it on Hochanda.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, Julia. Love the background.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, So glad you had a great time with Kathryn and then to watch Wicked, and thankfully you were safe !!
    I adore this whimsical card, the characters are great and your background 'marries' perfectly with them.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting background. Not a quick one but very effective. Bright and cheerful and great fun.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    What a fun card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia

    This is a colourful and fun card. I can imagine how time consuming it took to create!

    It was a terrible shock to hear about another attack in London, again, innocent people killed, hurt, traumatised

    June x

    It will have

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    A great children's card.
    Good to hear that you had a lovely weekend.
    So very sad about the attack in London.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely happy card Julia,
    my heart goes out to all involved in the attack,such a sad world we live in .
    Well done to Barbara ,enjoy your lovely card.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely bright card for young and old pirates alike

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice card my great grandson would love this
    Thank you Julia love june horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Britain.

    Lori from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    This does look fun, I can imagine a lot of boys (some not so little) would love to receive this. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Barbara (comment left 16:14 June 2nd).

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card for a little boy. Thank you. Glad you had a good and safe weekend. Congratulations to Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia,
    I'm so pleased you had a lovely weekend and that you are safely home again! It really was sad to hear of yet another attack !
    Today's card is fun but maybe not for me, I'm afraid.
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia Glad to hear you had an enjoyable weekend and that you arrived home safely
    Todays card is a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,
    What a fun card!Thanks for sharing.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia a fun card brought a smile to my face thank you.
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!