Wednesday 7 June 2017

You brighten up my day

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For my background, I dipped into my Dyan Reavely Book again. I popped a little Marigold CS Metallic Lustre Paint onto my Craft Sheet. I picked it up with a scraper and added it to a piece of Watercolour Card. I then added some Chocolate Gold Metallic Lustre Paint to my Craft Sheet and used my scraper to add some of this paint to my card. I popped some Inky Midnight CS Mixed Media Paint to a Mister Bottle with some water and gave it a good mix. I popped the Every Which Way Mask on top and misted through with my Black Mister.

Once dry, I stamped a couple of the small stamps from the Woodware Mosaic Butterflies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I drew around the images with a White Pen.

I dipped the end of a paint brush into Inky Midnight Mixed Media Paint and added some dots. I added more dots of Perfect White Mixed Media Paint.

I matted onto Black Card and then onto a Coconut White Card blank.

I painted a piece of Watercolour Card with Marigold Paint and another piece with Chocolate Gold Paint.Once dry, I dusted the Marigold piece with an Anti-Static Pad and stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Brightening Your Day Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium. I added CS Fools Gold Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set. I cut out using Sue Wilson's Double Pieced Squares and cut a mat out of Black Card using Sue's Double Pierced Squares Set B. I cut some of my Marigold Card out using dies #3 and #4 from Sue's Atlantic Ocean Background Die Set.

I made a flower out of Marigold Card, Coconut White Card and Black Card using Sue's Exquisite Poppy Die Set. I drew the veins through the die using a Black Pigma Micron Pen. I cut a pair of leaves out of Chocolate Gold Card using Sue's Lace Edged Leaves Die Set.

Lisa Horton is on Hochanda today with shows at 7am, 10am and 4pm with Sue Wilson Dies then she's launching a new One Day Special at 6pm with her Summer Grunge stamps. Another show at 8pm today (not freeview) and more shows tomorrow at 9am, 1pm and 5pm. I've put products I have from both shows into a category here. There's 10% discount on them till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

I'm sorry I did not get any orders posted out yesterday. I've been hit with a bug which I probably picked up over the weekend and spent most of yesterday in bed or lying down 😒 I also had to re-schedule my workshop up at CE HQ which should have been today - I'm so sorry about this. It's the first time that I have had to re-schedule to to illness. I just couldn't risk driving feeling like I did yesterday. The new date is Wednesday 21st June. You can book here as unfortunately some people couldn't make the new date. Hopefully, I will be back to normal today - I don't have time to be ill!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, lovely card today. Sorry to hear you are poorly hope you feel better soon.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, sorry to hear you are ill, I hope you feel much better soon. The card today is brilliant, love the colours. Take care all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Hope you are feeling better today.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a lot of work went into this card to give such stunning results. I don't think I would have the patience myself!
    I hope you are feeling better today, along with the weather. I think it was in sympathy with you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Julia, sorry to hear you have been unwell. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Hope you're feeling better today.


    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A lovely card.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you've been unwell I hope you feel better today
    I love your card and this background is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Julia. Hope you feel better today.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card. Yellow needs to be used more. Hope you are feeling better today. Sounds like the bug two of my grandchildren have at the mo. I'm off to RHS Chatsworth today, weather permitting. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card with lots of detail.
    Take care and hope you feel better soon,
    Thanks
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning julia,
    Poor you, hope you are feeling better today.
    Love the card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia

    I'm so sorry to hear you've been taken ill and hope you start to feel much better soon, or at least a litter brighter, just like today's card!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Julia. I really love to days cards and the way you have created it. Thank you for sharing. I had my first go yesterday painting with Pixie powders on the Blooms heart stamp which was inspired by you.
    Hope your feel better to day Julia, take it easy and have a good rest... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, I hope you are feeling a little better today, I had a little chuckle when I read "I don't have time to be ill", that's my hubby's mantra too, as he works for himself.
    I adore this background and I adore this card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely bright card. The method of making the background is very interesting and very different.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    Shame I will be away for the 21st change of workshop time, I couldn't make today.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Julia, hope you feel better soon.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,

    Beautiful card. Love the colors, the lacy leaves and the flowers used. Interesting how you created the background.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope you feel better soon.Take care.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely background and flower. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  21. Quite different today, love it....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card julia x hope you feel better soon x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia Lovely card with a very interesting background Sorry to hear you are unwell I hope you'll be feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Jullia. Hope you will soon be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well you have certainly brightened up my day with
    this stunning card.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!