Thursday 22 June 2017

Get Well

Hi Bloggers.

I had a lovely day with the ladies at my workshop yesterday. My next workshops are on Saturday inYardley Gobion. John Glossop will be running a Powertex Workshop and Tracey Laughton will be running a Tropical Summer themed workshop with stamps by Lisa Horton and Woodware. You can still book on both workshops via my website here.

Here's today's card -

 For the background, I cut the inner die from one of the corner dies from Sue Wilson's Indonesian Border and Corners Die Set out of Coconut White Card twice and the inner die from the border once. I popped a piece of CE Double Sided Self -Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I peeled away the other backing sheet and added to the back of my background. I added CS Sunlight Speckle Gilding Flakes, removing the excess with a piece of Rubit Scrubit. I matted onto Gold Mirror Card and then onto another piece of Coconut White.


I popped some CS Flake & Glitter Glue onto a piece of Wax Paper. I picked it up onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and used it to ink up the CE Deco Rose Burst Stamp. I stamped it onto Coconut White Card leaving the stamp on the card no more than 3 seconds so as not to tear the card. I cleaned my stamp under a cold tap and then went back to my stamped image. I added CS Sunlight Speckle Gilding Flakes. I removed the excess using a piece of Rubit Scrubit. I cut the image out using the largest die from Sue's Java Die Set.

I stamped the sentiment from the CE Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Silver Dollar Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the smallest die from the Java Die Set.

I cut die #4 from Sue's Sumatra Die Set out of Gold Mirror Card and die #5 from the same set out of Silver Mirror Card.

I completed my card by edging my background and my sentiment with CS Glue and adding CS Iced Crystal Glitter Jewels.

Phill Martin has shows on Hochanda today at 11am, 3pm and 7pm with new stamps, new Carnival Colours and new stencils. Lots of 'newness'! I'm offering 10% discount on items I have for sale on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (22nd June) - D
esigns by John Lockwood - Peony Elements Stamp Set only £5.99!



28 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Very Classy card today.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, now this card is super duper, it is my kind of card, infact I was at my craft group yesterday and we used these dies on a card that we made, so I know exactly where they are filed away and can try this one.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julia, a elegant and lovely card today, love the layout with the corner and border die cuts. Glad you had a good time at the workshop. Take care all and have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one Julia these dies are a must have thank you
    June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia , beautiful card this morning . I love a card with some gilding flakes. I just need to try the three second rule then using the sticky sheets. Glad you had a great work shop yesterday .... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 second rule is with the Flake & Glitter Glue NOT the adhesive sheets

      Delete
  6. Stunning card Julia, gilding flakes add such opulence.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Julia, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really pretty Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love all the gilding.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite -gilding flakes!! Love this card, thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    A gorgeous card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Beautiful card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Shame I can't get to your workshops but Iam coming to a MK one with a couple of friends on 12th July Yay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Kettering on 12th July. Milton Keynes is 22nd July.

      Delete
  14. Hi Julia,
    So beautiful and elegant card today. Love all the gilding.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card , i love the gilding flakes .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. I like the stamps and dies, the layout is lovely. I think it looks so rich and expensive. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome and lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, gorgeous card. Wish could go but off for a little holiday. I'll see on the 12th, be interesting to go to Kettering one for ones :-)
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia this is a stunning get well card it would make anyone feel better. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love the two techniques you have used here, firstly the background (one of which I have made today) and then stamping the image with flake and flitter glue, which I have yet to do, but will as I just love it....thank you Julia...a truly stunning card, thank you...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi Julia beautiful card I love the gilding flakes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julia this is a stunning and elegant card.
    I love the upper corners and the strip along the bottom, very unusual but looks perfect.
    I also really like the subtle colour from those gilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julia this is a real classy card,it just shows how versatile your card making skills are. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!