Saturday 23 May 2015

Thank You for being my Friend

Hi Bloggers.

As mentioned yesterday, I'm demoing at Apple Crafts in Chapel St Leonards near Skegness today. 10am till 4pm. Please stop by if you're in the area.

Here's today's card - still using up demo bits!

The background is a variation of Sue Wilson's Fire & Ice Technique but with mica powders instead of Gilding Flakes.

I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Grate Effect Die (just the inner die). I put a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet over the front. I turned it over and dusted some Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders over the adhesive peering through the die cut - I used Decadent Teal, Decadent Denim, and Decandent Oak. I removed the excess mica powder using a dry wet wipe. It's very important at this point to seal the back as some excess mica powder may be hiding somewhere and you don't want to contaminate the Glitter Jewels used in the next step. So, I glued a piece of Coconut White Card over the mica area using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

I turned the piece over, removed the other piece of backing from the Adhesive Sheet and added Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow Glitter Jewels.

 I stamped the sentiment from John Lockwood's Cherry Blossom Elements Stamp Set using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using a die from the Spellbinders Devine Floral Die Set and inked through the die with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.

I cut a frame out of Coconut White Card using Spellbinders Grand Rectangles and some White Pearl Corners.

I assembled the card as shown piercing around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, I so love the iced snow.

    Happy Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Julia. Must try this technique. Looking forward to using my new paints which arrived yesterday, thank you.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Julia, I might try this over the weekend if I have time.
    Thanks
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card looks like crushed jem's...!
    Luv Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card-love the colours on the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours. I really must use my mica powders more. I hope the demos go well. Have a lovely time with your daughter. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia, another fabulous card today. Love this background. Have a great day with the demos and drive home safely. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, hope your demo day goes well.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card enjoy your day xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    I love this technique it's just as effective as gilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, a beautiful card great colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning julia I love everything about this card the colours a lovely thank you love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Julia, have a fabulous day.
    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    Just gorgeous!!
    If I'd realised you were near Skegness, I would've visited my dad this weekend, but a bit too far for me to whizz up the motorway (usually 4 hours, IF I don't get lost)!
    Have a good day.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, a stunning card. Love the mica and the glitter jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card. I really like your background and I think it is a great colour combination. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you have a great demo day.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh Julia, this card is lovely. Great technique and colours. I really am going to have to setp up a gear and give some of these techniques a go.
    Enjoy the bank holiday.
    Blessings to all - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, lovely card, my grandaughter Lilly is with for the weekend she is 6 years old an she said she loves the background because it looks like fireworks lol. Take Care Melody xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. a lovely card and colours I must try this technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't tried mica powder in this way before I really must have a go

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, I hope your day is going well. A very gorgeous card, love, love, love the background and it's colours.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the background and the colours are great.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia. I like this card a lot, I think it's the colours. Hope you had a lovely day. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great technique and gorgeous colours. I love the simple design of the card, good for both sexes. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    Liking todays card & the mica powder background is stunning..
    Love everything about this one

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!