Friday 29 May 2015

A True Friend is a Work of Heart

Hi Bloggers.

We had a fun day at Creative Expressions HQ yesterday. Lots of giggles and some stunning cards made.

I'm heading up north again this afternoon with Kathryn for a demo tomorrow at Strikes Garden Centre, Ladygreen, Ince Blundell. Let's hope the motorways are kind!

Here's today's card -

For the background, I spread some Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Decadent Grape Sparkle Texture Paste through the Criss Cross Mask onto a piece of Coconut White Card, removed the mask and set aside to dry (it takes about an hour with this pattern).

I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders Triple Floral Die Set and a die from the Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics B Die Set out of Lilac Card to make a frame. I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting A Die Set out of Coconut White Card. I glued the 2 die cuts together using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue. I seated the appropriate die back into the frame and ran through the Calibur again to cut the hold in the Coconut White Card.

I stamped the sentiment from John Lockwood's Rosebud Elements Stamp Set using Plum Archival. I cut it out using the smallest die in the Spellbinders Floral Assortment Die Set and inked through the die with Dusty Concord Distress Ink using a Smoothie. I cut the middle die from the same set from Lilac Card.

I made a couple of Decorative Stick Pins using Creative Expressions Stick Pin Elements and Glossy Accents.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Off White Satin Ribon. I made a flower out of Lilac Card using Spellbinders Flower Play Die Set following Sue Wilson's Tutorial here and here. I added some Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue and Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow Glitter Jewels.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 3mm White Pearls, some Purple Dazzlers and piercing around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card today, love the flowers as well

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia. A lovely card thank you, take care Kitty. I t must be very nice for you to have company on your long travels, Have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a fun day yesterday. Hope to join you again soon. This is a pretty card, full of different techniques.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, I love, love, love todays card, it is so pretty and feminine. Have a safe trip, and enjoy the time with Kathryn, it is always nice to have a travelling companion on long journeys. I am sure the people attending the demos will enjoy what you share with them. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and composition on this card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful csrd Julia love the colours and dies xxxhave a safe journey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, very pretty. I'll be in the crowd of crafters tomorrow at the garden centre as it's not far from me.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    What a stunning card love the colours thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card, hope you and Kathryn have a good trip.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really must get the 6x6 matting basics sets! But then again I bought the 5x7 sets and hardly use them Decisions decisions! Love the floral frame and the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  11. back online after an accident has stopped me crafting for at least another 6 weeks so I will be saving your lovely samples to try later! Thank you Julia
    Maggie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, Another stunning card, the beautiful triple floral die is stunning here, and the lilac colour is one of my favourites.
    I've just ordered a couple of the blue bundles of card, as I've just run out, don't you hate it when that happens haha, especially when I'm in the middle of doing a mini album (my first try at this) for my Great Granddaughter's first 8 weeks of her life.
    I hope your journey is uneventful, and that your day at Strikes goes well. Sadly I have tickets for the Craft Festival in Bolton on the same day !!! but my thoughts will be with you.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Gorgeous card, beautiful flower.
    Safe journey today.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and more fun to be had today. Pity the weather is so dull for your journey north though. Lovely card today in a lovely delicate colour, Have a great day. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    A stunning card, love the beautiful colours. I may be able to get to see you demoing at Lady Green tomorrow. Have a safe journey.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning Julia, thank you for a fun afternoon yesterday, hope I'm forgiven for being a "high maintenance " crafter. The card I made is stunning and will be put somewhere in my craft room. Once the children go back next week I'll clear a day and remake it while it's still fresh in my mind.
    I really like today's card, and the way the dies work together. Have a steady drive up, I would avoid the motorways and use A roads as its Friday and enjoy yourselves. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ros - you weren't high maintenance at all! For High Maintenance - you should have seen me in John's workshop in the morning! lol!

      Delete
  17. I love how these die cuts all work so well together and the pretty lilac is so lovely. Have a good trip Julia and enjoy your day. Pay x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Love this card today, what a stunning mask and so simple, it just makes the whole card stand out.
    Hope your journey today is better than when you came to Samuel Taylors in Leeds.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card Julia
    Luv Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia
    Another stunning card today. Love the colours. I used the Triple frame die on Wed. However, I was most disappointed as I thought the second die down cut with a double row of dots but it doesn't. It cuts the dots outside the line and just leaves a plain mat. So I cut it out to make a frame around the plain mat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Julia love it thank you for sharing love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia

    Gorgeous card so pretty and lovely colours.

    Hugs Annx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card. I really like the Triple Floral dies and your colour combination. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia this is a brilliant card it is stunning. I love the colours you have used. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia love today's card the colours look great, wish my flowers came out anywheres near as good as yours. Take Care Melody xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!