Thursday 27 February 2014

Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

Sue's bow stamps to match her Classic 3D Bow die set are now in stock in my Amazon Store. There are 2 designs - you can see them here.

As promised here's a Sneak Peek from tomorrow's shows (sorry seem to be sharing blue cards at the moment!) -

So, the theme for this set of shows is vases and flowers. There are 4 sets of flowers. In each Single pack there is a small bunch of flowers and a single flower. There are 4 vases, each has a sentiment with it. There is a large bundle in this show which contains all 8 Singles. I will stock them in my Amazon Store, hopefully by the end of next week.

I'll start with the image first for a change. I started by stamping the Scrollwork Vase using Perfect Medium and embossed with new Cosmic Shimmer Pastel Blue Embossing Powder. I cut it out and then coloured in using Tropic Blue Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Garden Flora Mica Spray Set.

 I stamped the Daisy Spray using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I placed the vase below the daisies to establish which die I felt best fit. I decided on Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25. I secured the die in place with removable table, removed the vase and cut & embossed. I inked through the die with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I coloured in the Daisy Spray using Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean Distress Markers, pulling the colour out using a Tim Holtz Water Brush. I added a little Cosmic Shimmer Aqua Twinkles to the centre of the daisies.

I glued the vase below the daisies with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

I stamped the sentiment that comes with the Crystal Swirl Vase, using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

Now for the background. I started by randomly inking through the Openwork Mask with Faded Jeans. I repeated the process with the Rosette Mask and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. With the stamp in my hand I randomly stamped the single daisy using Faded Jeans. Again with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped a section of the Justrite Lace Oval Frame Background using Faded Jeans. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Petal Pleasures Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Faded Jeans. I wrapped some Blue Satin Edged Organza around the centre.

I tied a bow using the Blue Satin Edged Organza and added a White Crystal Sparkler (coming soon!).

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pastel Blue PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

39 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Julia and I dont mind the blue theme at all. The vase looks like Lalique glass, it is gorgeous.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. You can show me as many blue cards as you like as it is my favourite colour, I love every shade. The new stamps are all wonderful and Majestic Labels 25 suits this card down to the ground. Have a safe journey tomorrow and enjoy the shows : ) I will be watching both.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, I love the blue cards lately, they are lovely and this one is no exception. I love the vases and the flowers stamps. The way you have coloured these is fab. Hope to watch the shows tomorrow, if not will record them. Have a safe trip. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    Thank you it doesn't matter what colours you do they are all beautiful.Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    I agree with kitty Davis doesn't matter what colour you do we can do our colour this card is very beautiful thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Julia looking forward to the show tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I do like blue and this shade is particularly pretty. I hope your prep is going well. Have a great day. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia what a beautiful card with lots of techniques going on. Loving the blue as it is such a peaceful colour . Thanks for inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, I'm loving this sneaky peek, we are so lucky !! The blue and white is always so beautiful, such a fresh combination, I have lots of blue and white in my home (I collect blue and white plates haha and crockery), so that's great. I hope this is one of your demo's as I would love to watch you do this background, it is gorgeous. I also love how you have done the daisies with the twinkles in the centres, they look so pretty, and the vase is beautiful.
    I'm so looking forward to your shows.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, love the card, agree with Carol, blue is lovely, very restful and calming. Look forward to tomorrow hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, just like everyone else has said, do love the blue! Love the background and the stamp! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, I love blue . Fantastic card, the background is great. Lol lynne m x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep the blue cards coming Julia -I love them!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    I think this card is gorgeous. Have we seem the twinkles before?, as I don't remember seeing them on any of your cards. The new stamps are gorgeous as are the dies. These are a must to add to my list of dies and stamps that are a must to have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new flower and vase stamps you use on this card are gorgeous,and there is certainly nothing wrong with "another" blue card it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait for the shows tomorrow Julia, this card is stunning, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and as everyone else is saying don't be
    sorry about the blue cards as we all love them and even if we don't like
    the colour you use we try them in a different colour we prefer as all your
    cards are worth replicateing as they are all stunning.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, this card is so fresh looking, I think the flowers just pop off the paper. they look real - and the colour is lovely
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card Julia, if this is a sample of what you have in store for tomorrows shows I just can't wait! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia card is sooooooo lovely blue is beautiful thank you for sharing love always June xxx x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, love the colours always looks very clean and the card is lovely love Jean Zelei xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it.
    I will be tuned in to your shows tomorrow, can't wait.
    Hugs Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, love the flowers in the vase.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,

    Lovely summery card. Love the vase and flowers stamp. Looking forward to your show. X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card and lovely sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty card Julia so I will be watching with interest as you recreate it tomorrow, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Julia, A very pretty fresh card, agree with everyone else the blue is gorgeous and peaceful. Forgot to mention yesterday my dies arrived on Tuesday and I Left you good feedback. Thank you. Happy prepping, will be watching the shows.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, yet again another Stunning Card I always Love your Backgrounds and how you Create them, as Background Paper can prove to be expensive, I'm so looking forward to watching the shows.
    Take Care
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia, beautiful card, love the new stamps. Nothing wrong with Blue looks great.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Julia, thanks for the sneek peeks and looking forward to seeing the shows.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bring 'em on! Blue is my all time favourite colour Hopefully will be around tomorrow to see your shows I'll set up to record anyway

    ReplyDelete
  32. HiJulia, a beautiful card. Love the colours and the new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia,
    Ola, from sunny Spain!
    It does mean I will miss your Shows tomorrow but can enjoy them when I get home, all being well . I too love blue and white and like Patricia have blue and white china! Thanks again for a lovely card.
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia
    Don't be sorry for using blue, it looks gorgeous, beautiful card as always. Look forward to your shows on Friday.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  35. A beautiful card in a lovely shade of blue.x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Evening Julia
    I am loving your blue phase and this is no exception simply stunning
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Evening Julia and gang. Awwwww this card is sooo cute I love it. I really need to stop looking at the blogs as I just see more stuff I wanna buy an canny boo hoo. Ill just have to adapt with what I've got and maybe try a different technique for a change lol
    Love Tracy from killie XX

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Julia Love the blue theme you have at the moment. I have that many of both your and Sues cards saved my computer will be full up soon.
    Gingernuts

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think your background is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!