Today's card is rather a busy one. Wasn't quite sure where I was going with it - all I knew was that I wanted to use a frame, an antique dressform and a grosgrain ribbon rose.
I quite like the way it turned out.
For the background, I popped some milk card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Flower Delight Impressability. I inked it with Faded Jeans Distress Ink to make the design 'pop'. I then randomly stamped some scissors from the Creative Expressions Antique Dressforms Stamp Set using Cobalt Archival.
I cut 2 borders out of milk card using the Edgeabilities Classic Ric Rac for the edge and Classic Scallop for the insert. I threaded some Navy Silky Crush Ribbon through the inserts in the borders and added the borders to my background.
I cut a frame out of cobalt card using a Classic Rectangle large and a Classic Scalloped Rectangle Large. I also cut a corner from the Fleur de Lis Accents set which I glued to the top of the frame. I cut a Persian Motif out of milk card and inked through the die with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I added this to my frame cutting away the overlap on the inside. I attached all this to the background using 3d foam pads. I stamped the image from the Antique Dressforms stamp set using Cobalt Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the image out leaving a slight border all round and added to the background on the inside of the frame using 3d foam pads.
I made a ribbon rose out of some Royal Blue/Ivory Grosgrain Ribbon. I cut the ribbon in half down the centre and used a piece the length of my craft sheet. Now, this ribbon does not like being cut in half and I was half-way through making my rose when the ribbon split i.e. frayed really badly, but, rather than throw it in the bin (I nearly did) I carried on pulling the frayed edge down on to the sticky tape and continued till the end. It worked! I was very happy that I hadn't thrown it away. I glued the rose to the corner of my card and added some 'leaves' made from the Damask Accents and Persian Accents. For the leaves made from the Persian Accents I just cut the 'arms' off the corner and used those. Incidentally, when you do this you are left with a piece that looks a bit like a bug that you could use on something else.
Finally, I cut another corner out of marine blue card using the Persian Accents and glued that to the top right-hand corner of my card. I also put dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Summer Blue around the edges.
Hope you like the card. Imagine putting a photograph in the frame instead. This is an 8 x 8 card so you could easily use the layout for a scrapbook page. Hope I'm getting you thinking!
Thanks for stopping by.