Tuesday 15 May 2012

Wedding Day Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Thank you so much for your emails to the shows yesterday. I'm sorry that they all weren't read out. Hope you enjoyed the shows. I had a great time. Don't know what to do about my shaky hands though. I'm not nervous at all but my brain doesn't seem to tell my hands that!

Today I'm sharing the card that I demonstrated first in the 6pm show.


I know that it's peach again but I was working within the products on the shows. Besides I do like peach - my bridemaids wore peach so that may be why I picked it for these stamps.

Anyway, back to the card. For the background, I ran a piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Heart Confetti Mask from That Special Touch. Keeping the mask in place, I then inked through the mask with the Eco Green Peach Satin Dye Ink Pad using Cut & Dry Foam. Again keeping the mask in place, I spritzed with the Cosmic Shimmer Mister Pearl Mist.


I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Mr & Mrs Stamp Set using the Peach Satin Dye Ink and then popped some Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Crystal Sparkle Embossing Powder on top and heat set. I cut the image out leaving a small border around it. I made a frame out of peach card using Spellbinders Classic Rectangles Large and Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large.


I ran a piece of white crochet ribbon down the right-hand side of the card ruffled some peach fizz vintage ribbon on top. I added a bow made from 2 lengths of the vintage ribbon. I made a flower from the peach fizz vintage ribbon and some white wrinkle-edge ribbon which I had cut in half. I added this to my bow with a couple of crystal decorative stick pins.


I stamped the sentiment from the Bride & Groom Stamp Set using the Peach Satin ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Banners Die Set and inked with the Peach Satin while still in the die.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White Pearl around the edges.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

13 comments:

  1. So pretty, the dress and frame works so well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julia. Love the delicate background. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely Julia, and the shows were great. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card Julia and the shows yesterday were excellent! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia stunning card really like this think i will have to invest in the stamps xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia
    I was lucky enough to see the demo yesterday and loved it.Peach must be your favorite colour. loo forward to next tuesday .
    Wonder what you have in store for us
    joyce.e

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    Great shows yesterday and a Fabulous card that could also be used for other occasions such as sweet 16, prom ect. Really really like this card!!!
    Have a great day
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, loved the shows yesterday and this card is stunning! Anyone would be thrilled to receive it. I know what you mean about shaky hands, a pain in the you know where lol! Have a great day! Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    You were fantastic yesterday!! But like I said I got nearly everything before your afternoon show and just sat back and watched relaxed (as well as I could whilst waiting for my baby to get out of cardiac surgery).
    Thank you for distracting me. You've no idea how much it mean.
    Hugs and Kisses
    Celina - Waterford

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card Julia, well done on the shows, loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, Love this cards watched you yesterday demoing it you were
    great looking forward to tues. you will fine really love your cards going to try your faux silk you demo'd I've never saw Sue
    do this although I record every show.
    Nancyd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia I missed your shows yesterday but will catch up with them in due course. Lovely card so peachy sorry could not help that.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia,..what can I say!! This card is stunning!! I recorded your shows yesterday, and am going to watch them later..:)..My wishlist of Spellbinders is getting longer and longer..and I now want these stamps as well!..Maybe..one day...Love the peach colour and layout of the card..Enjoy your day..:)..xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!