Saturday 21 April 2012

Be Unique

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'm sharing this card made with the Creative Expressions Steampunk Shoes Stamp Set designed by Sam Poole.


I made this card when I first got the stamp set a couple of months and I'm a bit uncertain as to how I made the background so here's my best guess!

I inked up a piece of white card with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I also 'stamped' with the ink pad across the card. I then misted it with Antique Rose and Patina Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mists. I made sure the background was dry and then dusted it with my anti-static bag. I inked the Cogs Mask with Perfect Medium and popped my background face down onto it. I ran this through the Grand Calibur. The ink transferred to the deboss. I then brushed Silver Lustre Mica Powder from the Metallics Mica Spray Set all over the pattern.

I stamped the shoes using Jet Black Archival onto some white card I had spritzed with the Antique Rose and Patina Vintage Mists. I embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I added a bit of colour to the shoes using Denim Cosmic Shimmer Drawing Ink. I added some Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brads in Antique Silver

I inked up some Cotton Hemp Ribbon with the Faded Jeans Distress Ink and stamped some bolts onto it using Jet Black Archival. I tied 2 lengths of it into a bow and added an Idea-ology Sprocket Gear and Game Spinner.

I melted some Cosmic Shimmer UT Vintage Luna White and then poured it onto my craft sheet. I inked up the sentiment with Jet Black Archival and stamped into the UT.

I assembled the card as shown. Hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card it must take you ages to do these cards Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, love the colours and the layout, have to get these stamps they are fab.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, the background looks great and wouldn't mind those shoes!:)xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!