Thursday 26 April 2012

Steampunk Mask

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing another demo card from the shows on Tuesday.


For the background, I ran the Steampunk Mask through the Grand Calibur with a piece of ivory card. I then inked all over with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and Cut & Dry Foam. I stamped some cogs from the Creative Expressions Mechanical Handbags Stamp Set using Sepia Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut them out using a craft knife and added them to the steampunk background with Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brads in Antique Copper and some Idea-ology Mini Fasteners.

I stamped the shoe image from the Creative Expressions Steampunk Shoes Stamp Set using Sepia Archival and embossed with Creative Expressions Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the image out using scissors and a craft knife.

I cut a mat out of rust card using Spellbinders Labels Thirteen. At the emboss stage I added the Couture Creations Replacements Embossing Folder. I did not close the folder as the die would damage it. However, the sandwich is too thin with the folder open so I added some sheets of copy paper to bulk it out. In the show I used Idea-ology Kraft Glassine Paper instead of the rust card.

I assembled the card as shown (no sentiment on this one) and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Choco Brown (love this new colour!).

Hope you like the card and enjoyed the demo if you watched.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

Only positive comments please!