Sunday 29 April 2012

Purple and Blue

Hi Bloggers.

Today's card has a very similar layout to this post but there are a couple of different techniques on it.


I stamped the shoe from the Creative Expressions Steampunk Shoes Stamp Set using Blue Violet Archival Ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I inked around the edges of the panel with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and matted it on to some purple card.

For the larger background behind the shoe, I inked up a square piece of white card with Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I distressed the edges with my scissors and inked again with the Faded Jeans. I popped some Midnight Blue Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Dark Dusks Mica Powder Setinto a clean chinese container and added a good amount of water. I then popped a couple of beads into it a shook it around a bit to pick up the paint. I put the inked card into a larger container and dropped the beads on top and swirled them around. I repeated the process with the Antique Lilac Mica Powder from the same set.

Next I made the grid background. I inked up the Grid Mask with Perfect Medium. I popped a piece of purple card on top and ran it through my Grand Calibur. The ink transferred to the debossed pattern. I dusted some of the Midnight Blue mica powder over the top and. I tore the edges of the panel and added a little more perfect medium using Cut & Dry foam and again dusted with the mica powder.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Blue Violet Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fancy Tags and inked with Dusty Concord while still in the die.

I dipped some screw brads into the Perfect Medium and then the clear embossing powder (it's handy if you have tool with a crocodile clip). Then I dipped it into the mica powder and heated again. The mica sunk below the embossing powder. I repeated again until I was happy with the colour. I did 4 with Midnight Blue and 2 with Antique Lilac.

I assembled the card as shown. Hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

Only positive comments please!