Wednesday 25 April 2012

A demo card from yesterday

Hi Bloggers.

Thanks to everyone who watched the shows yesterday. They were really fun. Today I'm sharing the card I did as the first demo in the 5pm show yesterday.


I started with a square piece of ivory card. I scrunched it up and opened it out again. I ran a Tea Dye Distress Ink Pad over the top. It settled on the peaks. I then spritzed with some water, waited a few minutes and then ironed flat with my encaustic iron. I picked this technique up from Tim Holtz. Next I splatted some Old Paper, Tea Dye and Pumice Stone Distress Stains. I remembered seeing Dawn Bibby once stamping a large background stamp without using an acrylic block so I did this with the Creative Expressions Clocks Stamp and the Creative Expressions Scattered Words Stamp using Sepia Archival. I then spritzed the background with Dark Bronze Mica Powder (from the Cosmic Shimmer Metallics Mica Spray Set) which I had mixed with some water in the spritzer bottle provided in the set.


I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Mechanical Handbags Stamp Set using Sepia Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it using the Pumice Stone Distress Stain and then cut it out.

I scrunched up a piece of Idea-ology Kraft Glassine Paper, opened it out and then tore it to a size suitable to put the handbag on.


I stamped 3 of the small tickets from the Creative Expressions Tickets Stamp Set using the Sepia Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I coloured the edges of the tickets in with Cosmic Shimmer Dark Bronze Mica Powder. I dyed some silver staples with Latte Alcohol Ink and used then to attach the tickets to the background.


I inked up the sentiment with Perfect Medium and brushed some Pale Gold Mica Powder from the Metallics set onto the inked stamp. I melted some Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Metal Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and poured it onto my craft sheet. I then stamped into the UT with the sentiment stamp. I left it for a little while and then removed the stamp.

I assembled the card as shown adding a Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brad in Antique Copper in each corner. In the demo card I had added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Golden Pearl Pearlescent PVA.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

4 comments:

  1. I loved this card and the Demo Julia, did send an email, but don't think it got through. Thanks for the inspiration using these stamps, just could not resist the urge to order them and the masks. Hope to see you on again soon. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the shows sent e-mail but not read out I did send a photo in hope you saw it .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for your comments ladies. Unfortunately, I did not get to see all the emails - thank you for making the effort, much appreciated. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the demos Julia and the fun show with Deano and a special thanks for the staples technique on today's post. It really is so simple but very effective, and i just never had thought of it! Lighbulb moment ! ha

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!