Monday 9 April 2012

Be Brave

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing this card made using the Steampunk Shoes Stamp Set which is designed by Sam Poole.


I started with the background. I swiped some Distress Stain in Pumice Stone, Old Paper and Tea Dye across my craft sheet. I put the ink close together but not touching so as not to contaminate the applicators. I spritzed on a little water and then popped a piece of ivory card on top. I removed the card from the ink and dried with my heat tool, blotting some of the ink away where it gathered at the edges of the card. I then dipped the card in the remaining ink randomly until all the ink was used up and dried again.

I then added a few splats of each colour and dried. I stamped one of the cog stamps from the Mechanical Handbags Stamp Set using Tea Dye Distress Ink just to add a little extra interest. I dried again with the heat tool and then popped the background in to the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder and ran it through the Grand Calibur.

I distressed the edges with my scissors and then sanded the background to reveal the ivory core. I went around the edges of the background with Tea Dye Distress Ink using Cut & Dry Foam.

I ran some Idea-ology Kraft Glassine through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets dies and added a few to my background.

I stamped the shoe image using Sepia Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image with a couple of coats of Old Paper Distress Stain and then cut it out using scissors.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Sepia Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Large Labels. I coloured using the Old Paper Distress Stain adding a little extra around the edges.

I assembled the card as shown. I did not have the correct colour card for the centre mat so I coloured the edges of some ivory card with the Old Paper Distress stain .

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card it must of taken agaes to do this .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I love this card - fabulous images and your colour scheme is wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card! And I love the background effect of metal! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!