Thursday 27 July 2017

Woodware Posy Ring with Paint

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

A simple enough card but the background is actually quite cool and lovelier in really life.

Starting with the main image, I dusted a piece of Milk Card with an Anti-Static Pad. I stamped the Woodware Posy Ring and one of the sentiments in the set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Rectangles and cut a mat out of Antique Gold Pearl Card using Sue's Double Pierced Rectangles Set B.

I cut a larger Double Pierced Rectangle out of Milk Card. I popped some CS Chocolate Bronze Metallic Lustre Paint onto my Craft Sheet. I picked it up onto a piece of Cut 'n' Dry Foam and used it to 'ink' up a section of the Posy Ring. I stamped this all around the edges of the card, re-'inking' between each stamping. It's hard to capture on camera but it has a lovely mica sheen to it.

I cut the next sized rectangle out of Antique Gold Pearl Card. I popped it onto a Milk Card blank. I completed my card by adding some Cream Pearls to the image panel.

If you haven't tried stamping with paint, I hope you will have a go - it's especially lovely with CS Shimmer Paints and CS Metallic Lustre Paints. Many of the colours look fabulous on Black Card too.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and I will have a go at stamping with paints

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, a really lovely card, and something else I must try - stamping with paint. I have tried with the gilding polishes and it worked quite well. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Another great idea to try.Your card is beautiful.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card and stamping with paints what a great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia . Beautiful card this morning . You have used the Woodware design so different . I love the gold paint and how you have mounted the card.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julia
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, absolutely love this card, smashing.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card and great technique.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia

    I concur with Barbara (above), beautiful card and great technique!

    June x/Poppyfield Card Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card. Just love it.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Gorgeous card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my type of card, Julia. Beautiful.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful card Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card Julia I love it the background is so pretty brill stamps xxxx
    Thank you June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card so delicate looking .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty card Julia...love the technique...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Simple and beautiful.Love it.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia this is a stunning card. That is a fabulous technique thank you for sharing. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, A very pretty card, I haven't tried stamping with paint yet, but I will be giving it a try.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia This card is beautiful I love the stamp I have never tried stamping with ink but will have to give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. I never thought of using paint to stamp with, but why not. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!