Monday 24 July 2017

Elegant Cross Card for a Christening

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Creative Expressions Floral Stripes Embossing Folder. I added CS Enchanted Gold Gilding Polish to it, matted onto Gold Mirror Card and popped onto a Coconut White Card blank.

I cut die #4 from Sue Wilson's Indonesian Background die set out of Gold Mirror Card and dies #3 and #4 together out of Coconut White Card. I glued the 2 die cuts together using CS Glue in a Woodware Fine Tipe Glue Applicator, dabbing off any excess glue with Kitchen Roll before putting them together.

I cut one of the frames from Sue's Indonesian Mini Frames Die Set - cutting the outer die on it's own once and the 2 dies together once. I glued the 2 die cuts together and added them to my Background Die piece.

I cut one of the crosses from Sue's Elegant Cross Die Set out of Gold Mirror Card and added a Craft Consortium Pearl to the centre.

I cut Sue's Christening Day Die out of Gold Mirror Card and added it to the bottom of my card.

I completed my card by adding a Pearl to each corner.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 21st July is ..................................

Jan on the Fosse

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a really elegant and beautiful Christening card, love the design of the cross. Well done Jan on winning the card. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia
    Stunning Christening card today.I'm thrilled to have won your beautiful giveaway card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, such a beautiful card today and a lovely keepsake. Congratulations to Jan on the Fosse.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. An elegant card, Julia. Pretty embossing folder.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia.. Beautiful card this morning . Gold and white all looks expensive on a card. Congratulations to Jan...... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, elegant.
    Congrats to Jan on the Fosse.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely beautiful, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous I was only saying yesterday that I don't sell my cards and my circle of friends and family tend to have Naming Ceremonies these days which can be both - extremely religious or not at all

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Julia.
    Congratulations to Jan on the Fosse
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card apt for the occasion Julia...thank you...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies, I really like the simple elegance. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Jan on the Fosse.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi julia, your card is so beautiful.
    Well done to Jan on the Fosse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Christening Card Julia. tfs
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia such a beautiful card the cross is lovely
    Congratulations to Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it the dies and embossing are wonderful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Julia, beautiful embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Julia. Thank you for sharing this. Congratulations to Jan for winning the freebie card. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very stunning design Julia, beautiful

    Congratulations to Jan... enjoy!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia. Congratulations to Jan. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    A beautiful and elegant card,perfect for a happy event as Christening.Love the embossing & the colors. A real keepsake to look back on or have mounted for the nursery wall.
    Thanks
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry,I forgot to congratulate Jan on the Fosse!

      Delete

Only positive comments please!