Thursday 20 July 2017

Distress Oxides Just For You

Hi Bloggers.

Another great workshop yesteday up at Creative Expressions. My next workshop up there is a Chalk Clouds Masterclass on Wednesday 6th September - you can book via my website here. My next workshop is this Saturday just outside Milton Keynes. Today is the last day that I can accept bookings as I'm cutting kits today. You can book here.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I swiped some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide onto my Craft Sheet. I misted with water and picked the ink up onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I swiped some Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide onto my Craft Sheet, misted with water and picked that up onto my card. Finally, I swiped some Fossilized Amber Distress Ink onto my Craft Sheet, misted it with water and added it to my card. 

Once dry, I dusted with Anti-Staic Pad. I stamped the Woodware Bold Blooms : Charlotte using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I coloured in using the same 3 Oxides by swiping more colour onto my Craft Sheet and picking the colour up with a Water Brush (any remaining ink, I picked up onto another piece of card for another project 😊).

I trimmed my piece and edged with Worn Lipstick Oxide using a Smoothie. I matted onto Antique Gold Pearl Card and popped onto a Coconut White Card blank.

Francoise Read has shows on Hochanda today with shows at 10am, 3pm and 7pm. I hope you can tune in, I will be. I'm offering 10% discount on items from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

 Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (20th July) - S
pellbinders Stamp Set - Home Sweet Home only £7.00!

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, this card is stunning, love the stamp design and the colours you have used on the background and painting the stamped image. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia
    Another beautiful card today.The colours for the background and stamped flowers are wonderful together. Just love it.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card today, I am a great fan of the cloud chalks, hope they bring out more colours soon.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julia, love the colours you have used.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia. Beautiful card this morning . I have not tried the inks and going to have to add them on to my list . Going to have to catch Francoise Reed shows when I get home from work , gutted as I am fan of her designs with woodware....... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, really pretty.

    My Friday freebie card arrived yesterday-it's beautiful, thank you.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card. Glad you had a good workshop.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, gorgeous colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Julia your stamping is great
    Thank you love June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, these new inks look so interesting.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, Julia. I have tried the Distress Oxides yet.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Great background, great stamp and beautiful card. Off to London to pick up my son and family then off to sunny Spain. Hoping to still pop in every day. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Julia, for another very beautiful card - love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia,
    I don't know what know if you remember me but I'm Debbie from Taunton who gave you the pendant and earrings,I don't even know if you liked them or even if you had received them.
    I've watched you continuously on n hochanda and absolutely love you on there,xxx I must say this too I'm so very,very sorry loosing your cat bless himxxx I still haven't got a a pet Perry won't allow me to have them he says that when he retires then we Can, I can't wait for his years to go, bless him I wouldn't know what to do without him, and I I don't know about you but, I truly miss my crafting family like crazy, they were so good to me & totally enjoyed their crafting courses, I'll never meet Sue wilson now mores to the pity I missed out on seeing her, the tickets sold out before I knew it, well angel it has been so nice talking to you even though it was a one way conversation lolxxx Perry your friend sends his love and wishes well xxx every time he sees you on hochanda he says hi Julia my friend x bless him he's thinks he is your lovelyxxwellso do I love you sweetheart I'd love to see you again all ourlove always debbiexxx from tauntonxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Julia, the colours seem so much softer with
    this new oxides distress. have a good day
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia

    Love this card, colours are so beautiful

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous I love how all of the colours tie in together on cards

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card. Love the soft colors.
    Thanks
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  19. And what a lovely card to finish with, your ideas for backgrounds really astound me, Julia queen of backgrounds....!!!! Thanks very much...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, This is fabulous !! I love your distress oxide background, and I love how you have 'tied it all in' by using the same oxides for colouring the stamped image too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia Lovely card the colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. I look forward to using these new Distress Oxides.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card - love your oxide background! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!