Saturday 22 July 2017

Pink Poinsettia Stained Glass Window

Hi Bloggers.

I'm running my workshop locally in Milton Keynes today. Really looking forward to sharing some really cool techniques with some gorgeous products.

I thought I would share a Poinsettia Stained Glass Window in a slightly different colourway to the norm -

I've used Cosmic Shimmer Clear Varnish Lacquer with CS Intense Pigment Stains, CS Pixie Powders and CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost.

I started by cutting Sue Wilson's Poinsettia Stained Glass Window Die out of Coconut White Card twice. I trimmed one of them to be slightly smaller than the other,

I added Quickie Glue over every line on the back of the larger die cut and ran a thin line of CS Glue around the outside edge using a Woodware Fine Tip Glue Applicator. I popped it onto a piece of Acetate which was slightly smaller than my die cut. I pressed down firmly to make sure that it was stuck really well.

I applied Quickie Glue over every line on the front of my other die cut. Once again, I added a thin line of CS Glue around the outside edge. I popped this onto the back of the Acetate, lining the image up with the first die cut. It's really important to make sure that all of the lines are well stuck to the Acetate as the colour is applied to the back.

So, working on the back, I popped some CS Clear Varnish Lacquer onto my Craft Sheet. I added some CS Candy Pink Pixie Powder and mixed well. I then added CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost and mixed well. I used this to colour the Poinsettias by dabbing a good quantity of the coloured lacquer into the areas shown.

For the 'leaves' I added a drop of Citrus Lime CS Intense Pigment Stain to some CS Clear Varnish Lacquer and mixed well. I then added some Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost.

The centres of the Poinsettias are Rich Gold CS Pixie Powder added to the Clear Varnish Lacquer.

I know it's not really showing up very well but the background areas are filled in with just Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost mixed with the Clear Varnish Lacquer. This pic shows it off a bit better -

I coloured the frame of the window with the same colours as the main image.

I added a piece of Coconut White Card behind my piece once it was dry. I them matted onto Baby Pink Card, Coconut White Card and popped onto a Coconut White Card blank.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (22nd July) - Sue Wilson B
elgian Collection - Brussels only £11.99!

22 comments:

  1. Great card Julia.
    Enjoy your workshop today
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, such a beautiful card today, I so love the stained glass window dies. I wish you did this process on a You Tube video so that I could see exactly how you did it, I will try and have a go myself following your instructions, I know that the last time I did this it turned out a real mess because the stained glass effect was all patchy so I ended up putting it in the bin.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, really gorgeous.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Great card thanks for the clear instructions. I will give this a go .I just love the stained glass dies.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia. A WOW card this morning . I love the effect you created and the close up shows the details of beautifully. Have fun to day at your work shop... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great card Julia with such clear instructions. Hope you have fun today..
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I've got this die and am loving playing with it. I've been paper piecing the flower and bits of the border and glittering the remaining areas.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I loved doing this "sandwich" technique at your brilliant workshop

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so effective, Julia. Hope the workshop goes well.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia

    Pretty card and lovely colour choices

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julia, love the colours here, traditional with the red and green, but non traditional shades, lighter and lovely. Have a great day with the workshop, I am sure everyone attending will get inspiration aplenty. Take care all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, I do like these dies but don't have any yet.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, this is a beautiful card the stained Poinsettia is my favorite of all the new dies .
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia beautiful card the colours are stunning Wish I could be at your workshop I'm sure it will be inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the colours you have used. I bet the workshop will be brilliant. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your technique for making this stain glass poinsettia card. Looks like I need to go shopping for a couple of CS products. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I love the stained Glass dies and the different colouring you have used. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia,
    A beautiful card - very striking!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Evening Julia. A gorgeous card. I have this die but haven't started my Christmas cards yet. Won't be long now though! X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card.Lovely colors.Great technique.
    Thanks
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!