Wednesday 18 January 2017

3 Years Old

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by running the main large die only from Sue Wilson's Birthday Shadow Box Die Set through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine using the cut sandwich and a piece of Aqua Card. This gave me just the stitched marks around the boxes and nothing else - perfect!

I stamped the cupcake from the Justrite Make a Wish Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I coloured in using CS Colour Cloud - I used Summer Sky, Frosted Aqua and Sun-Lit Cedar. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set, again using Jet Black Archival and coloured the stars with Summer Sky Colour Cloud. I cut the cupcake and the sentiment out using the insert dies in the Shadow Box set. I also cut the other insert dies in the set out of Coconut White Card. I added them to the stitched boxes using 3D Foam Pads.

I cut some of the little embellishment dies from the Birthday Shadow Box Set out of Aqua Card and inked through the dies with Frosted Aqua Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I cut a frame out of Aqua Card using dies #3 and #5 from Sue's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B. I cut another frame out of Coconut White Card using dies #3 and #4 from the set and glued the 2 frames together using CS Glue. I added my frames to my shadow box using 3D Foam Tape.


I cut another frame out of Coconut White Card using dies #2 and #3 from the same set and glued it to my background setting it inside my frame.

I completed my card adding a 5mm White Pearl to the corners of my frame and adding a Coconut White and an Aqua Card mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (18th January) - Sue Wilson Frames & Tags Collection - Gillian only £6.99!

34 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A beauty card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Such a cute card,love the colour.
    Thanks for sharing Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Julia. Shows a different look to the shadow box dies. Super

    Maggie B

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, nice soft colours.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, a very stunning card today, love the way you have created this, got to have a play with my dies to see if I come up with something similar.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card-I must try using the shadow box die just to create the embossed patterns.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Julia, love it
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia and crafters all,
    What a lovely idea using the shadow box frame, but not cutting out the boxes.
    Pretty colours also.
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia what a crummy card. Have a good day Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, love how you've done the shadow box.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Julia

    I love how you've used the shadow box on this very sweet and pretty card. The aqua card is a very firm favourite of mine!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, a lovely shadow box card, I think Lynn meant scrummy.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Another way to use the shadwo box dies, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this die set, Julia, so will have to give this a go. It looks great.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, A really lovely card, lovely colours and the cupcake looks 'yummy'.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. I really like the cupcake stamp, it looks so edible and together with aqua coloured card it's a winner for me. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning Julia, that card is ideal for any young lad and I know my g.grandson would love it. The colour choice is not to blue in your face so it really is gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    A really lovely birthday card, love the fresh colours.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. The nice thing about this particular shadow box is at one doesn't have to cut out in the individual shapes if one doesn't want to and, in my mind, makes this more versatile. Lovely card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning Julia Lovely card I like the way you've used th Ed shadow box die I've just bought my first shadow box die so I'll have to have a go at this one

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card Julia. Must try this technique. Thank you for that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty I have the Baby Shadow Box which does cut the apertures at same time but nothing to stop me replacing the card and building up from that

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another stunning card today Julia, I just love my visit to your blog every day as I know there will be another technique to try and here it is. Thank you so much for my order recd, so quick too, in spite of you being so busy over the weekend, and the lovely card enclosed...much appreciated...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. julia this is gorgeous and i never thought of using the shadow box without the little frames.
    I love it and the tempting cupcake and the number is so sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card julia x its perfect x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia,
    Fantastic service. After your busy weekend of shows I didn't expect to receive my order so quickly. Thank you so much.
    Regards
    Dorianne

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card Julia, I do like the shadow box dies. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I like the effect of the main die, it just shows how different a die can look by how it is used. I think any child would love this. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia, what a fabulous card for a childs birthday, love the colours. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!