Saturday 21 February 2015

Scrapbook Saturday

Hi Bloggers.

Here's this week's scrapbook page -

This is an 8 x 8 page. The card is Colorcore.

The patterned paper is from the Couture Creations Sew Jo 12 x 12 Paper Pad. With the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the Creative Expressions Kitten Treats A6 Background Stamp using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I cut a border and insert using Spellbinders Ric Rac Edgeabilities Die Set. I inked around the edges with Vintage Photo.

I cut 'Smokey' out of the Colorcore Card using Spellbinders Font One Upper and Lower Case Die Sets.

I cut the heart out of Black Card using Spellbinders Pawing Around (Cat) Die Set.

I cut the 3 pawprints out using the same die set. You can get the pads on the paws in the right place by adding some low tack tape to the back of the dies to keep the shapes in them. Add the glue to the under sides and press them onto the page through the low tack tape. Hope that makes sense!

I cut the mouse and the fish bone out of Black Card using Spellbinders Kitty Play Die Set.

I keep getting asked about the Spellbinders dies that I'm using. Most of them are from the January release of UK Retailer Exclusive Dies so they won't be on TV. You need to ask your local shop to order them in for you from Creative Expressions.

Sue Wilson has shows on Create & Craft today and tomorrow with a Weekender featuring her New York and Gemini Collections plus loads of goodies. First show is at 9am today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

19 comments:

  1. hi Julia, like your feature today as I just love Cats! I was talking to the owner of my local craft store yesterday and she had just been to the retailers trade event, she saw you there along with Sue, John and Phil. she was telling me how Spellbinders had released some dies especially for the U K market.so very excited about all the new lines being introduced. regards, Linda.

    ReplyDelete


  2. Morning Julia and all crafters, a lovely scrapbook page today.

    Have a great Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scrapbook page, love the mouse & fishbone on it!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, this is a really lovely scrapbook page, love the photo of Smokey, and looks perfect teamed with the dies. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Such a beautiful page love all the dies
    I shall be watching later
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. I don't do scrapbooking, but I always pop in to see your projects. Lovely to see your photos. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Love your photo even though I'm a dog person.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love smokey morning julia the page is very inspirational thank you I would like to do one about my little dog dudley sorry smokey thank you julia love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm not a cat liver BUT out if all of the cat dies I have seen these one are simply the best They are gorgeous and if asked to make a card featuring cats these are the ones I'd go for! It is a great page Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely layout. I really liked the tip about keeping the pads pieces in place. Thanks for sharing.

    Telly has been good lately, the lovely Ali and John yesterday and Sue today and tomorrow, it's just you missing Julia.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. I am really enjoying your Saturday Scrapbook pages - lovely to see dies used in this way. Your Smokey looks a lot like my much loved and missed Mickey.
    Nice to see some different Spellbinders this week and it's great that the retailers are getting something unique. I have just spotted in the sidebar that you will be at the NEC. Hope to see you there - I am building my wishlist already...
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia

    I love it, hoping they have doggy themed dies too! The mouse and fishy really made my day!

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    Another lovely scrapbook page. Loving the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely layout Julia, simple but very effective. 8 x 8 is a size I never think of - must give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smokey is lovely and so is your layout. I recorded Sue's shows as grandchildren were here most of the day so no peace and quiet! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia this is a fantastic page Smokey looks like a fabulous cat. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, great scrap booking page with Smokey ! love the mouse and fishbone :-)
    Have a god Sunday,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!