Friday 19 December 2014

Thinking of You

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I inked through the Floral Frame Mask onto Coconut White Card using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Rambling Blossoms Embossing Folder and inked around the edges with Chipped Sapphire.

I stamped the sentiment from the All Occasions Stamp Set onto Sky Blue Card using Cobalt Archival and added Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I stamped one of the Mini Scrollwork Frames around it using Cobalt Archival, added Clear Powder and heat set the lot. I cut it out using Spellbinders Captivating Squares and inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire.

I cut the largest 2 dies in the Spellbinders Majesty Die Set out of Coconut White Card and then the largest die only out of Sky Blue Card. I glued them together using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

I cut a couple of leaves out of Sky Blue Card using Sue's Curled Vines Die Set and rubbed Phill Martin's Vintage Blue Gilding Wax over them. I made a couple of flowers out of White Crochet Ribbon.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pastel Blue PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Thank you this is a very pretty card. Have a good weekend take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, a really beautiful card. Love the white die cut over the blue, saying that all the elements tick the boxes for me. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    A lovely card -ticks all the boxes for me too.
    Have a good day.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia and all crafters, another gorgeous card today, love the colours you have used.

    Happy Friday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, lovely card , blue is one of my favourite colours. Best Wishes. Lilian in Cornwall

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, very serene.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, a beautiful card as was yesterdays but wouldn't let me comment
    again hope next year I easier.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia
    such a beautiful card - love the embossing and colours you have used
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. I do like this colour blue and I especially like your background. I know its only a piece of card but I will have to force myself to have a go at your lovely backgrounds. Perhaps my one and only New Years resolution. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Julia. The subtle colours and the way you have used the dies make for a classic look. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia this is a lovely card I really like the gentle blues Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    Another stunning & beautiful card & love the colour, absolutely gorgeous.
    The stamped & embossed background is amazing & this card would be suitable
    for any occasion for the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia this ia a beautiful card. Love the background. Must get down to making my own backgrounds using the technique you have showed us. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very classy card Julia it's just perfect thank you for sharing love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, Pretty card today, love the background and subtle colours.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really love the blue and white card today. Very pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia

    Really pretty. One of my favourite colours again!

    Hugs,

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, Gorgeous card !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thinking of you and thanking you for all the work you have showed over the year!
    Take care Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!