Saturday 25 October 2014

No greater feeling

Hi Bloggers.

I'm demonstrating at the Stables Card Emporium in Habrough today. If you're in the area, please stop by.

Here's today's card -

For the background, with the stamp in my hand I randomly stamped Phill Martin's Vintage Sheet Music Background onto Coconut White Card using Stonewashed Adirondack Dye Ink. I repeated the process with Phill Martin's Vintage Script Background using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Feather Frenzy Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Chipped Sapphire. I rubbed Pearl Moon Gilding Wax over the embossed surface. I left it to dry for a few minutes and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe. I added Cosmic Shimmer Sky Blush Twinkles around the edges and out aside to dry.

I stamped the Senorita Stamp using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Steel Blue Aurora Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire. I cut a Spellbinders Floral Ribbon Threader Die out of Navy Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Step by Step Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Steel Blue Aurora. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge and inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire.

I tied a bow using Sheer Iridescent Ribbon, added some Silver Tulle and a Black Crystal Sparkler.

I made some flowers out of the same ribbon and cut some leaves out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Petite Vinery Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding a Small Black Circle Dazzler to each corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Summer Blue Pearlescent PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

12 comments:

  1. Another lovely "dancing" card and what a super sentiment!
    MarionB xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    Lovely card, you have really done a great job with these stamps, so many lovely samples. Have a good day demoing.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia this card is beautiful. I do like the ribbon very much and it makes the prettiest flowers. Have a fantastic day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Stunning card just beautiful, love the embellishments, wish I was in Harborough today I would have popped in but I am at a Lace Workshop, enjoy your day
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia, I really like this card ith it's very unusual flowers made from ribbon. I am off to your neck of the woods today IKEA , as we need to design a walk in wardrobe. I hope the sun is shining on you all . Have a good weekend
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, another beautiful card, beautiful blues, and fabulous sentiment. Love the flowers. Have a great day with the demos. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia and all crafters, stunning card again today.

    Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this stamp just got back from holiday reminds me of that. What you have done with the stamp to create the brill card is great love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia
    How different this looks in blue - absolutely lovely.
    Love the ribbon - the bow and the flowers really pretty.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Julia, yesterdays card was stunning and congratulations on being nominated in the awards.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Julia, love the stamp & colours..very pretty! Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!