Wednesday 16 May 2012

May You Find Joy Forever

Hi Bloggers,

Here's another demo card from Monday's shows. If you changed the sentiment it could be used for any occasion.


For the background, I used a technique that Sue Wilson described to me - I don't know if I got it right but it looked ok to me. I think she calls it faux silk. I used a piece of white card and covered it with watered down school pva. I then popped a piece of tissue paper on top. There were a few creases which was fine. I covered the area again with the glue and then added another piece of tissue paper. I added some more glue on top to make sure it was secure and put it aside to dry. I think this is the stage that Sue normally runs it through the Grand Calibur with an embossing folder but I wanted to used some more products from the show first so I spritzed it with some Tarnished Gold Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mister. On the show I also stamped some feathers from the Creative Expressions Design Elements stamp set using the Eco Green Yellow Damasque Dye Ink Pad. Then I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the COuture Creations Constellations Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern.


I stamped the sentiment from the Bride and Groom Stamp Set using the Eco Green Black Ink Pad and then stamped the frame from the Design Elements Stamp Set over the top. I have cut the middle out of my frame stamp so I can see exactly where the sentiment is that I'm framing. I then added some Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. The close-up above shows how well the Eco Green Ink embosses. I added a few spots of Cosmic Shimmer Golden Pearl PVA to the flowers on the frame.


I ran some cream crochet ribbon across and down the background and then added some ivory vintage ribbon too. I made a bow using 2 lengths of the ivory vintage ribbon. I spritzed the bow with water and scrunched it up while drying it to give a more shabby appearance (didn't have time to do that in the show). I cut a piece of cream crochet ribbon in half length-ways and added some 12mm super sticky tape. I then rolled it up to make a rolled flower. I glued this to my bow using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue and added a couple of Black Decorative Stick Pins.

I finished the card off with some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Golden Pearl PVA around the edges. I suggest you do the separately to your card, leave it to dry and then add your design to it.

Hope you like this card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Julia love the use of crochet ribbon just sets off the card.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Julia, need to try the techniques. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, love everything about this one, it's beautiful you clever lady! Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Julia love the faux silk effect xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, really elegant.

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, I caught up with your shows last night that I recorded monday and saw you doing this card. I l LOVE it!! I know what faux silk is now..lol..I will try this technique with some coloured tissue paper I have..:)...Enjoy your day...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this card is stunning. Helpful too as I have 2 wedding cards to make
    Celina -Waterford

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia loving your card and shows you always have some lovely new ideas for me.

    Any hints what's on spellbinders shows on Tuesday is it new stuff or a remix of past products?
    Need to know if to keep pennies for Tuesday or splash out on card etc.

    Thanks Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, like the faux silk background and the crochet ribbon.
    Best wishes
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!