Sunday 27 May 2012

Simple With Sympathy Card

Hi Bloggers.

With Sympathy cards are always quite difficult to make - it's always a sad time and a I always want to give a card as quickly as possible to express sympathy but not bother the bereaved family at such a difficult time.

So, here's a really simple card that says it all really -


I folded an A4 piece of milk card from the neutral card pack in half to make an A5 card blank. With the card still folded, I then placed the largest of the Spellbinders Labels Twenty Five dies against the fold in one half of the card (hope that makes sense!). I made sure that part of the die was off the card next to the fold so that when I put it through my Grand Calibur the fold was mostly intact so I had a card blank. You can get 2 card blanks out of one piece of A4. I inked all around the card blank using Crushed Olive Distress Ink.

Using the next size down of Labels Twenty Five, I then cut out a panel from some patterned paper. I inked around the edges with Crushed Olive while still in the die.

I then cut a Spellbinders Classic Rectangles Large from some different patterned paper and again inked through the die with the Crushed Olive.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Kind Thoughts Stamp set using Olive Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the smallest but one of the Labels Twenty Five dies and inked around the edges with Crushed Olive while still in the die.

I cut a couple of embellishments out of green card using Antique Frames and Accents.

I assembled the layers as shown.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julia Sympathy cards are always difficult and this one hits the spot. Look forward to 31st May for more demos.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julia, yes this is always a difficult subject to craft a card for, but also one that so needs our best efforts and your card is perfect, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Julia - I think the use of the colour you chose has given it a lift from the sadness of the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, yes not a card we like making but this one works well for that sad occasion. Have a lovely Sunday, Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, this is a lovely card, that is just right, sympathy cards don't need to be fussy. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always find sympathy cards difficult, but this one is just perfect Julia. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, This is a great way of making shaped cards. Will have to try it!..I like the way you've incorporated different dies as the focal point..I also like the simplicity of the card . As Bridget said, at such a time it's best to keep it simple...Enjoy your day..:)..xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    Great card, Not only difficult to make but can also be difficult to receive (quite a few years ago now, my mother-in-law would not open a single one that she received as she could not cope with them) for some.
    Best wishes
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card again Julia. I've just bought this die today at a papercraft show....along with others!

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another really good card - v nice

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!