Thursday 29 November 2012

Happiness is Like Perfume

Hi Bloggers.

A sneak peak today of one of the sample cards for tomorrows shows.

For the background, I ran some Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Intrinsic Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern. It is not a repeating pattern but you can hardly see the join. I inked around the edges with Garnet Paris Trunk Dye Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions You Look Scent 'sational' Stamp Set (designed by Sam Poole) using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using the Garnet ink. I swiped some ink onto a white tile and added a little water with a paint brush. The darker areas are where I coloured first. I then added some more water which lightened the colour and so that was what I used in the lighter areas. The gold is from the Cosmic Shimmer Mica Spray Set 1 - Metallics. I dipped a damp paint brush into the Pale Gold Mica Powder and popped it on my tile. I added water to get the correct consistency and painted the areas on the perfume bottle as shown. I cut the image out using the second largest Spellbinders Fleur de Lys Square die. I inked through the die with the Garnet Ink. I also cut the largest of the Fleur de Lys Squares and inked through the die with Garnet.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Jet Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 25 and inked through the die with Garnet. I tied a bow using 3 lengths of Rose Petal American Seam Binding and added a Pink Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding a line of Self Adhesive White Pearls in various sizes above the sentiment and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Pink around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


25 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, what a pretty card and a lovely sentiment, looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card ,think your catching up on Sue ,this card is as nice as any she does.love the colours cant wait till shows.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi julia this is a very pretty card and the garnet colour is very nice. Im looking forward to your shows tomorrow and also the potd shows on tuesday,are you doing them or have they given it to Phil again? Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know anything about a potd on Tuesday so it's not me, obviously not Sue as she's still in the States and I don't think it's Phill as he's doing a Serif 4 day deal. Who knows?

      Delete
  4. Hi Julia. What a pretty card. The die cutting is wonderful and I love the sentiment.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Julia lovely little sentiment too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia,
    Such a pretty card, like the sentiment.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, This is a gorgeous card, I love the new stamps, the sentiment is really lovely, and I'm loving the garnet ink colour. Looking forward to your shows tomorrow.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

  8. hi Julia,

    Very pretty, feminine card. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, lovely elegant card today, love the sentiment. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, a fab. card this morning much more my
    colours great idea with the mica spray it really pops out at you. Nancydxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julia, Very feminine and elegant, love the sentiment.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello jilia like your cardtoday. us girlies need our perfume. will be whatching tomorrow,as i am dog sitting my friends 2 dogs. i am going to email in to see if i may get a card. i have got one from sue. it has pride of place in my roon. love bluebell-flowerwood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Very pretty card love very girly. Looking forward to seeing what else you have in your shows tomorrow.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia...Lovely card..I love the colours you have used, also the sentiment....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this sentiment discribes you always happy on your shows, looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Julia, looking forward to tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card julia my kind of card as its girlie i have these dies but not used them for a while so i will be watching to see ehat else you do with them
    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia

    Love your card today. The layout is so useful for other cards too

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    A very pretty girlie card today ,my granddaughter would like it , the sentiment is lovely too ,im looking forward to your shows tomorrow have fun .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    A lovely card. I'm really looking forward to your shows tomorrow and have them set to record!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. This card is gorgeous so looking frwrd to seeing more.

    Wilm x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Evening Jullia, such pretty, feminine cards- I'm looking forward to your shows tomorrow Carole Z

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! This is so feminine and pretty ! I love the sentiment - so true
    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!