Wednesday 8 February 2012

To Live on Purpose

Hi Bloggers,

First, I'd like to thank all of you who watched the shows yesterday and took the time to email in - it means so much to me. I'd like to apologise to the ladies who had their names pulled out of the cup of chance for a demo card - there was an incident with a pot of water while I was packing up and I think the cards may have been mixed up and you may not get the sample you're expecting. Really sorry - my fault. Hope you like the card you do get.

Today and over the next week or so, I'm sharing cards from the show. I've just realised that this card uses the same sentiment as the one in yesterday's post - it's a good one, I think.

Here's today's card -


The technique for the sparkly background is on Sue Wilson's DVD - the name of the technique escapes me at the moment, it's a really fun one to do - though you need to get over the fact that it uses quite a bit of mica powder. For my background I used Dark Bronze, Red Bronze and Pale Gold from the Metallics Cosmic Shimmer Mica Spray Set and Golden Pear from the Garden Flora set.

The image is from the Creative Expressions Art Nouveau Ladies Stamp Set. I stamped her with Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the hair with Walnut Paris Trunk Dye Ink, the crown with Pale Gold Mica Powder, the jewels in the crown with a mix of Garnet Paris Trunk Dye Ink and Red Bronze Mica powder and the skin I coloured with Parchment Paris Trunk Dye Ink.

The sentiment is from the Creative Expressions Simply Sentiments stamp set - again this has been stamped with Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut the sentiment out with Spellbinders Labels Eight and inked around the edges with Parchment ink while still in the die. I made a faux nestie out of gold card.

I ran some black card through my Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Fauna Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time as the card was bigger than the folder. This is a very busy pattern so it didn't show that it didn't line up for the second run through.

I assembled the card as shown and added some dots made from Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Olympic Gold.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!