Tuesday 14 February 2012

Copper Tones

Hi Bloggers,

Happy Valentine's Day! It's my Mom's birthday today - I do hope I've remembered to send her a card. I'm still in Cyprus on holiday at the time this post goes live and she'll be on her way on her holiday so - if I've forgotten, there's nothing I can do about it!

Anyway - back to today's card. Here's another sample from the shows last week. I do like the way this turned out.


I dusted a piece of ivory card with my anti static bag. I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Beautiful Ladies stamp set with Perfect Medium. I then dusted Copper Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Mica Spray Metallics set all over with the soft brush provided in the kit. I removed the excess with a dried out wet wipe (must be absolutely dry).


I dusted another piece of ivory card with my anti static bag and stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Simply Sentiments stamp set. I added the copper mica powder to this too and wiped away the excess. I cut the sentiment out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty. You may find that some mica transfers to your plates - it can be easily wiped off. I cut a faux nestie out of black card.


I cut a flower using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One. I inked through the die with the perfect medium. I then removed the flower from the die and brushed copper mica powder over the inked areas.

I cut some leaves using the Spellbinders Foliage Die Set. Again, I inked through the die with Perfect Medium, removed the leaves from the die and brushed with copper mica powder.

For the background I ran a piece of copper pearlescent card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Lovingly Baroque Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time as the card was bigger than the folder.

I assembled the card as shown, adding 2 Glass Glintz to the sentiment panel.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!