Saturday 11 February 2012

Beautiful Lady in Blue

Hi Bloggers,

Today I have another card made with the Creative Expressions Beautiful Ladies stamp set. This card nearly ended up in the bin - more about that later.


I stamped the lady using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured her in using Eco Green Paris Trunk Dye Ink Pads in Classic Cobalt, Fountain Blue, Walnut, Stone and Parchment. I added some Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent Mica Powder to the Classic Cobalt.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Simply Sentiments stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the sentiment out using Spellbinders Curved Rectangles and inked around the edges with the Fountain Blue ink while still in the die. I made a faux nestie out of cobalt card.

I ran a piece of blue pearlescent card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Cultivated Embossing Folder. I cut 2 borders in cobalt blue from the Spellbinders Parisian Accents die set.

I started assembling my card with the mat layers up to and including the cobalt blue one. At this point I added the Parisian borders and ran some Vintage Ribbon in Limoges Blue along them. I added the lady and the sentiment panel. I then went around the edges of the aqua card with some dots made with Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA. This is where disaster struck - one of the dots had a stringy line coming from it - near the top left-hand side of the card. My choices were to try and dismantle the card, throw the whole lot in the bin or carry on and repair once the dots were dry. I chose the latter and pleased I did.

I had planned on just putting a messy bow on the bottom right-hand side. Instead I removed some of the teal dots from the top left-hand corner where the naughty dot was and added some ribbon over the top. I added my bow plus a flower from Spellbinders Spiral Blossom Two and some little leaves from Spellbinders Foliage die set. Mess fixed!

In the bottom right-hand side I added another flower from Spiral Blossom Two and a mix of leaves from the foliage die set.

So, the card ended up a bit more embellished than I had originally intended but I do quite like it and I'm so glad I didn't put it in the bin!

Hope you like it too.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!