Sunday 12 February 2012

Pink and Purple Ladies

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing a card with you that I made to demo on the Dawn Bibby & Friends Show on Tuesday.


The brief for Dawn's show was for 20 minutes with a sub-set of the products that I had for the main shows that day. I needed to used the stamp sets, the Couture Creations Embossing Folders, Vintage Ribbon and the Pink Taffeta and Amethyst Paris Trunk Dye Ink Pads. Of course, I hadn't made a sample card with that combo so I had to make one!

For the background I ran a piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Lovingly Baroque Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time as the card was wider than the folder. When doing this, remember to leave the already embossed bit outside of the plates.

I then rubbed the Amethyst Ink pad all over the embossed card. The ink stays wet for a while so I added some Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder to the whole area. A small amount of ink was also present between the embossed pattern so the powder stuck there too. I heat set it with my heat tool. Then went over the whole area again with the ink, added powder and heat set again. I repeated this process once more. This gave me a beautiful embossed tile background.

On the show I demonstrated that you do not need a block to stamp and indeed if you have problems with large stamps you can have the stamp face up, ink it and then take the card to the stamp carefully keeping it still while rubbing all over. The stamp was inked with Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear embossing powder.

The image was coloured using Paris Trunk Dye Ink Pads - Walnut and Yellow Damasque for the hair, Blotter for the foliage, Parchment for the skin, Fountain Blue for the outline. I used the Pink Taffeta and the Amethyst for the remaining areas, adding a little Cosmic Shimmer Pealescent Mica Powder here and there. I also used a little Cosmic Shimmer Pale Gold Mica Powder on the choker on the middle lady. I mounted the image panel on to some white card which was inked with the Pink Taffeta.

I stamped the sentiment from the Simply Sentiments stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I edged the panel with Amethyst ink and mounted it onto another piece of white card which had been edged with the Pink Taffeta.

I made 2 roses with the Pink Vintage Ribbon. You can see how to do this on Sue Wilson's DVD or by visiting her Blog.

I cut some leaves from the Spellbinders Foliage Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown inking with the Pink Taffeta and the Amethyst for the mats for the embossed tile background.

Hope you like this card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!