Tuesday 21 November 2017

Shaving Foam & Pigment Stain Weave

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the weave on this one, I started by creating some Shaving Foam Backgrounds with Bluebell, Citrus Lime and Rose Pink CS Intense Pigment Stains. I cut the Intermediate Weaving Die out of the first generation print from the Shaving Foam, 3rd generation print and out of Coconut White Card twice. To fit the smallest frame possible from the Stitched Square Peg Board, you need to extend the weft. So, I cut an extra strip from my first generation background and another strip of Coconut White. I glued a Coconut White die cut to my first generation cut, offsetting it to fill in the gaps but dropping it down to leave a space at the top and the bottom.I then added my extra strips.

I added my other Coconut White Die Cut to my 3rd generation cut, offesetting it to fill in all the gaps. I cut it into pieces 2 strips wide and then wove the strips through my extended piece.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using dies #2 and #4 from the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set and added it to my woven background using 2mm Foam Tape trimming away the excess with scissors. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

I cut the Make a Cake die out of Coconut White Card, Silver Mirror Card and from my 3rd generation background. I coloured the candles using Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Markers.

I made my flowers from Coconut White and 1st generation background using the Pinwheel Floral Die Set and cut the leaves out of Coconut White Card using the same die set. I added an 8mm White Pearl to the centre of my flower.

I completed my card by adding a 5mm White Pearl to the corners of my frame.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

24 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Another interesting background it looks gorgeous.Pretty card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, love the background colours and the way you have used them in the weaving and flowers. A very lovely card. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, another beautiful example of your weaving, you really are the Queen of weaving.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful background to create your weave and I am falling in love with these flowers the more I see them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia. Beautiful card this morning. the colours you created with the shaving foam look stunning. the effect on the cake look so real.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the unusual colours from the woven background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, will have to try this, I love it. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card and gorgeous woven background.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Julia, love the colours on your weave
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful Julia I love your weaving so special live the colours thank you
    Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia lovely weaving card the colours you've created with the shaving foam &pigment stains are gorgeous & so effective used in the weave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I just love the weaving and the cake. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a brilliant card Julia. Love the colours and great weaving. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I love the weave, the colours and the technique. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, beautiful colors and background.Thanks for the inspiration.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  17. And what a most beautiful card you have finished up with, love the technique and of course the weaving...still my favourite....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Julia, love it ! Can I make one on Sat. ?
    Only joking :>) tfs
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card I need to add to my stash of stains! I was supposed to show a couple of friends this technique on Saturday with the few I have but we just ran out of time

    ReplyDelete
  20. sorry i am late Julia, problems with the laptop.
    Beautiful card love the icing on the cake.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Julia. The shaving foam and pigment stains background looks fabulous and your flowers are very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bravo, Julia
    This card is a gem with that colorful background.
    Thank you!
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  23. A bright cheerful card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!