Saturday 16 July 2016

Art Deco Tree

Hi Bloggers.

I have a Christmas Card for you today -

For the background, I used a paper from Phill Martin's Frosted Essentials Paper Pad. I spread some Phill Martin CS Frosty Sky Sparkle Texture Paste through the Snowflake Flurry Mask and put aside to dry.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares. Once my background was dry, I added my frame using 3D Foam Tape.

I cut one of the tree dies from the Spellbinders Art Deco Trees Die Set out of Coconut White Card. I glued it to my background using CS Glue and added some 3mm Craft Consortium Pearls.

I cut the lovely corner swirl die from the Spellbinders Decorative 5 x 7 Holly Frame Die Set out of Coconut White Card and inked through the die with Phill Martin CS Frosty Sky Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I made a flower using the Spellbinders Layered Poinsettis Die Set cut from a spotted paper from the same paper pad and inking through the dies with Frosty Sky Colour Cloud. I added a little Blue Dazzler to the centre of the flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Craft Consortium Pearl to the corners of the frame.

Sue Wilson has shows on Hochanda today at 2pm and 3pm and then tomorrow at 1pm and 2pm. John Lockwood is taking over on Monday with shows at 2pm and 6pm. I'm offering 10% discount on products I have in stock on my website. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight on Monday night (18th July). Discount will be applied at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.
 
Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (16th July) -
Deal of the Day - Ranger Dye Ink Pad : Lily Pad only £2.99!

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, this is a lovely little Christmas card great for batch making I really like it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    A very contemporary look to this card, great for teenagers.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,
    Really Reto card today love the tree and blue colourway. Need the holly frame to go with my wreath you demonstrated last Sunday.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Nice change to see a more modern look to a Christmas card.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is a fantastic modern Christmas card. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning. Although l know it took time to make the overall card looks simple, stylish and modern. A card l think l could make. Really like this card. Kind regards Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning. Although l know it took time to make the overall card looks simple, stylish and modern. A card l think l could make. Really like this card. Kind regards Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card, Julia. I never think to use masks over patterned paper. This looks great.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia
    Love the tree die - so useful this time of year.
    I've started Christmas!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the Art Deco tree.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, something a bit different from the traditional.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this it's quite unusual for Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Julia, another beautiful Xmas card very modern in design as well. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, a lovely contemporary card, the background with the patterned paper and sparkle paste is fab. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card Julia I watched a repeat on hochanda last night these trees were demoed also the snooty rain deer love him thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. I love Phill's background paper you have used. Lovely card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card today julia x I know a few awkward ones ( men !) that would love this x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ace techniques with lovely effects.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Julia, love selection of the spellbinders christmas dies, smashing card too.

    Morning John, sorry a bit late today, lovely card from the swiss collection, will be watching Sue later today and hoping to get some more tips.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card Julia. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love blue anyway and along with the lovely Art Deco tree- gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julia, this is so different to other christmas cards and i love it.
    And i love that colour for christmas, just absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  25. Different ideas here - that's so useful. Thank you.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!