Thursday 5 April 2012

Simply Fabulous

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'm sharing this card -


I put a 6 1/2 inch square piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Elite M-Bossabilities Folder. I passed it through a second time to extend the pattern.

I cut the frame and the border from the Spellbinders Antique Frames and Accents out of black card. I inked through the dies with Perfect Medium and Cut & Dry Foam. I carefully removed the card from the dies and added Cosmic Shimmer Silver Shine Metallic Embossing Powder. I heat set it with my heat tool.

I cut the mirror frame again out of silver mirri card and used the centre piece as my 'mirror' in the original frame.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Stylish Ladies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Folder. I coloured the lady in with a mix of mica and matt drawing inks (there are some available in my Amazon Store). I cut her out with my scissors and popped her on the card next to the mirror.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Four and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink while still in the die.

I tied a messy bow with Black Vintage Ribbon and added a button that I got from Sam Poole here.

I assembled the card as shown and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

  1. This is a WOW card what great inspiration I love this frame I have used it quite a lot .The card arrived yesterday its Beautiful thanks again >melanie

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!