Tuesday 10 April 2012

Simply Fabulous Again

Hi Bloggers,

Today I have another card made using the Creative Expressions Stylish Ladies Stamp Set.


I stamped the image using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Drawing Inks in Umber, Marigold, Scarlet Flame and Pearl Shine. I cut the image out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two. I inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink while still in the die. I cut the largest of the Spellbinders Labels Three out of Burgundy card for a mat.


I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Jet Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using a die from the Spellbinders Damask Accents. I inked with Aged Mahogany while still in the die.

I cut various leaves from the Spellbinders Foliage Set and some from the Damask Accents Set. I cut them from Burgundy card and white card. I inked through the die with Aged Mahogany on the white ones.


I made 2 flowers from the Creative Expressions Floral Embossing Folder as shown in the video tutorial in this post. I used Aged Mahogany Distress Ink to colour the flowers. I misted them with Cosmic Shimmer Antique Rose Vintage Mist - I added rather a lot!

For the background, I ran a piece of white card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Regal M-Bossabilities Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern. I inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Berry Red.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card ,so stunning.Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is exactly what it says on the tin... Simply Fabulous. Love the way you put cards together and use your inks with Spellbinders.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, when I saw this card I just had to have the stamp set....Love it... So I ordered the stamp set off you on Tuesday and it was here waiting for me after work yesterday. Thank you, excellent service and a FAB stamp set. S x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!