Wednesday 11 April 2012

Dare to Dream

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing this card with you -


The technique for the background just behind the handbag is featured on Sue Wilson's DVD. I've also used it with different mica powders in this post. On this version I used all the colours in the Cosmic Shimmer Dark Dusks Mica Spray Set.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Mechanical Handbags Stamp Set (designed by Sam Poole) using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I colored the image in using the Dusky Pink and Deep Plum mica powders from the Dark Dusks set (just pick a little powder up with a damp paint brush and pop on your craft sheet or a tile and add water then use it as a watercolour paint). I cut the image out with scissors and a craft knife.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the Jet Black Archival and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out with a Spellbinders Fancy Tags die and inked around the edges with a little Dusty Concord Distress Ink while still in the die.

For the black background I popped some card into the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder and ran it through my Grand Calibur. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern.

I assembled the card as shown and added a Creative Expressions Antique Silver Faux Screw Brad  in each corner of the houndstooth background. I also added dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre all around the edges.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

Only positive comments please!