Monday 27 February 2012

Tres Chic

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'm sharing a card made with the new Antique Dressforms Stamp Set from Creative Expressions.


I stamped 3 of the dressforms from the stamp set onto some oatmeal card using Jet Black Archival. I meant to do it in Coffee but having done one in Black I decided to go with it. I did not emboss the images. I distressed the edges of the image panel and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the That Special Touch Small Polka Dots Mask. I lightly inked all over with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Next I randomly stamped over a piece of grey-ish card with the scissors and the tape measure from the same stamp set using Black Soot Distress Ink. Again, I distressed the edges with my scissors and ran it through the Grand Calibur but this time I used the Honeycomb mask. Again, I inked all over with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


For the large background, I inked up some oatmeal card with Vintage Photo and then I spritzed all over with the new Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Antique Gold. I then ran the card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Ornate Diamonds Embossing Folder. I sanded over the whole thing lightly to make the pattern 'pop'.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty. When I passed the die through the machine to emboss, I also added the Small Polka Dots Mask. I inked through the die which highlighted the polka dots a left me with a plain edge.


I assembled the card as shown omitting the bow and the sentiment but wrapping some Baker's Twine from the new Earthtones Pack around the large background. I curled some of the corners of the image pieces using a cocktail stick and inked with Vintage Photo.

I went around the edge with the new Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl. Once dry, I added the sentiment with 3D foam. Then using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue, I added a bow made from Cotton Hemp Ribbon, a Baker's twine bow and a Zipper Rose in Tan.

I hope you like the card. I really enjoyed making it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Julia. Fantastic balance of elements and colour. You are so clever.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!