Wednesday 29 February 2012

Beaded Handbag

Hi Bloggers,

Something a bit different to share today. This card has been made with Sam Poole's new Mechanical Handbags Stamp Set from Creative Expressions. I do like red, black and white together.


I stamped the handbag using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder.

I cut the handbag out and removed the ruler fringing also. I added some colour with some Barn Door Distress Ink. I pieced 5 holes on each side of the bottom of the handbag and threaded some beads on. I tried to be quite random but there was always a black chip as the last but one bead and a seed bead below it.

For the large background I randomly stamped the lipstick from the stamp set all over some white card using Jet Black Archival (I did not emboss them). I added the lipstick colour using Barn Door.

I embossed a piece of black card using the Couture Creations Replacements Embossing Folder.

I cut a Spellbinder Fleur de Lys Square out of red card. When I ran it through the machine to emboss, I added the That Special Touch Woodgrain Mask. I really like the effect you get from this.

I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Lacy Ovals and inked with Barn Door while still in the die.

I dyed some American Seam Binding with Barn Door Distress Ink.I really crumpled it up when drying it. In fact I left it over night to dry - all scrunched up.

When dry I added some beads to the ribbon. I saw this in Craft Focus Magazine and thought it looked really cool so I thought I'd try it. You need to do a few running stitches then add 2-3 beads and then do a few more running stitches. Continue until you have the length required. It does use quite a bit of ribbon and does take a while to do - so be warned!

I tied a bow with some dyed ribbon and sewed some beads in the centre.

I assembled the card as shown and did some faux stitching around the edges with a White Inkssentials Pen.

Hope you like it. It was really fun to make.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!