Wednesday 3 January 2018

New Zealand Background with Misters

Hi Bloggers.

Today's card features the New Zealand Background -

I started by misting a piece of Watercolour Card with Aqua Lagoon, Golden Mint and Egyptian Blue CS Misters.

I cut dies #5 and #6 from the New Zealand Background Die Set into a piece of Coconut White Card. I added a die from the Double Pierced Background Rectangle Die Set. I trimmed my misted background to slightly smaller than my die cut and glued the pieced together. I slotted die #4 into the aperture and cut to create a frame.

I then cut die #3 into another piece of Coconut White Card. I glued my waste piece from the previous step at the back of it. I added my large background piece to it using CE Mounting Cushion and added a frame cut from Coconut White Card using the Double Pierced Background Rectangle Die Set. I matted onto Coconut White Card, another piece of Coconut White Card inked with Fresh Grass Colour Cloud and a final piece of Coconut White Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Imagine Verse Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card  using Vivid Chartreuse Archival. I cut it out using die #2 from the New Zealand Background.

I made some flowers out of Coconut White Card and more of my misted background using the Spiral Flower Die Set and added an 8mm White Pearl to the centre of each flower.

I cut a couple of pairs of foliage out of Coconut White Card using the Blossoming Branch Die Set. I cut the little flowers out of more of my misted background. I added a little CS Crystal Sparkle PVA to the centre of each little flower.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

24 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia
    Love this background die I think it must be added to my to need list.Love the fresh green colour.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, oh this creation is so beautiful, love the colours and the way you have used some of the older dies, it is so refreshing to see them again, they need to have their day more often.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julia, a really beautiful card, I love the colours on the misted background, really rich. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the sentiment.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Julia, love the background
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Julia this is stunning the colours are beautiful and the dies brill thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. Great sentiment.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Julia. Stunning card this morning and the colours work beautifully.
    I had a play with the Acetate yesterday and pixie powders. So happy with the results and now hooked.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. The New Zealand background dies are very different and can produce some interesting results.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    Love the green color, it is so fresh and it reminds me of spring. Love the background as well. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia.

    I love this. Great dies and a lovely background. I will have to copy this. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    Not usually a lover of green , but this shade works very well with the white .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another winner in my book. I love the New Zealand background which I ordered when I saw you demo it on Hochanda. When it comes I will attempt a variation of this card. I have had to put all my die cutting on hold with a house full of company and now that everyone has left, time for card making to take my mind of a too quiet house.
    Wishing you a great Wednesday,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another awesome background. I see this green and white beauty as a St Patrick's Day card. I know, I know, shamrocks only have three petals not four or five petal. With a few changes, this design can work for me this coming St Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty Such an effective background I’m beginning to create more backgrounds rather than rely on papers or computer generated backgrounds- all down to your fabulous inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, Gorgeous !! the colours are beautiful as is your card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia beautiful card I love the colours I always meant to buy this die but didn't get to do it because there were so many newer dies I wanted too but I really should get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Julia. Love your choice of colours too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julia this is stunning, i love the whole design and the gorgeous colurs from the misters. just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. خدمات دبى – المحترف للصيانة – الامارات
    تركيب صحى دبى
    تركيب رخام دبى

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!