Tuesday 2 January 2018

Scattered Leaves Background and Pixie Powders on Acetate

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

The background on this one is one of my favourite techniques with Pixie Powders. To recap - I used a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate. I added CS Glue, spritzed with water and spread the glue all over using my finger. I then added Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders in Aqua Lagoon, Golden Mint and Ancient Copper so that all the glue was covered. I spritzed with a little more water and then added CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost. I scrunched up a piece of White Tissue Paper, opened it out and added it to my background. I dabbed it down using a piece of Kitchen Roll and put aside to dry.

I cut dies #3 and #4 together from the Scattered Leaves Background into a piece of Coconut White Card. I added a die from the Pierced Background Rectangle Die Set and cut. I trimmed by background to fit behind the the die cut and glued into place. I waited a while for the glue to set and then slotted die #3 in the centre and cut. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card using a couple of layers of CE Mounting Cushion.

I cut dies #1 and #2 together out of Coconut White Card and added the remaining piece of my acetate background behind it. I glued it in place in the aperture of my frame.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Vivid Chartreuse Archival Ink. I cut it out using Pierced Flags. I shaped it and tucked it into the side of my frame.

I have loaded the Milton Keynes Workshops for 2018 onto my website. Guests this year include Leonie Pujol, Lisa Horton, Francoise Read, Jane Gill and Phill Martin. I'll be doing a few workshops on my own including one purely on background techniques. You can find all the workshops here.

Yesterday, I added quite a few products to the pre-loved section of my website - you can find them here. Also, just to give you a heads up - out Big Sale ends tomorrow at 5pm. You can see hundreds of items at reduced prices here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, beautiful card this morning to greet us with, love the pixie powder colours you have created in the background.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia and a very Happy New Year to you and your family as well as everyone on the blog!

    I love today's card especially the background. I wish I could get to your workshop on backgrounds but I think it is too far away for me sadly you really excel with them. :)

    I've been away in the States with family for Christmas and have only just got back so there is a lot to catch up on. You have had some lovely cards on the blog Julia sorry I wasn't able to comment while away.

    Good luck with all you do this years

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card with a gorgeous background.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card with great background Julia
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card and fabulous background.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia stunning background Julia a beautiful card
    Love it
    Thank you xxxxxxxxxlove June Horrocks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Julia.. Stunning card this morning and the back ground is stunning. Hope to try the back ground later.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, what a stunning card, love the gorgeous colours in the background, am definitely going to get time to try one. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,
    I Love Today’s Luxurious Card Where You’ve Turned “The Scattered Leaves” Background Into The Focal Point Of This Exceptional Card I Love The Magical Pixie Powdered Background Just Perfect Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work Julia.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this background and can hardly wait to give it a try. Must remember to wear gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia.

    Lovely card and a great background. I will be copying it. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. This type of background is my favorite. I love using this technique and sure wish I have all the Pixie Powder colors you used as your background is stunning. If I lived in the UK, I would attend all your background workshops!
    Beautiful card.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it the colours are amazing and the dies are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love this technique I love these colours and looks so effective with the scattered leaves background

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, I adore this background technique and your combination of colours is fantastic, I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year Julia, thank you for sharing your cards and inspiration with us during 2017...this is another beauty...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia fabulous card the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Julia x the background die is beautiful x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    I don't know what I like the most the colors,the design, the die set used ... At the end I love what you have created.Thank you.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this background- must give the technique a go.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!