Thursday 16 April 2015

Relax

Hi Bloggers.

As mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm at Doodleso in Prestatyn, North Wales today demoing Spellbinder dies and a host of Creative Expressions goodies - 10 till 4. Do pop by if you're in the area. By the way, it's 190 miles each way for me so if you live less distance away than that, don't tell me it's too far, lol!

Just to re-interate a couple of things from yesterday's post - the giveaway is just for the bits and bobs from the Craft Clinic Show on Monday, not for a card. All the workshops in Milton Keynes are on Saturdays to cater for those of you who work during the week. We can't run workshops at CE in Kettering at weekends as the premises is only open Monday to Friday. There is a hotel on the edge of the industrial estate where CE HQ is located and there is a train station in Kettering. There are loads of hotels in Milton Keynes, a Travelodge is located just a few minutes drive from the MK venue in Yardley Gobion. There's a train station in Central Milton Keynes approx 10 minutes drive from the venue.

Here's a sample that will be on view today at Doodleso -

I cut the largest die in the Spellbinders Triple Floral Die Set out of Coconut White Card. At the emboss stage, I added the next size down die. I rubbed Phill Martin CS Decadent Teal Gilding Wax over the surface.

I laid the 3 middle sized dies in the set on another piece of Coconut White Card and ran them through the Grand Calibur with the emboss sandwich. I removed the decorative die and ran the other 2 dies through with the cutting sandwich. I rubbed Decadent Teal Gilding Wax over the surface.

I stamped the image and sentiment from John Lockwood's Daisy Corner Elements Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I added a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet and sprinkled Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Snow Glitter Jewels over.

I tied a knot in a piece of White Tulle and added a couple of White Pearl Sprays. I made a flower out of Aqua Card using Spellbinders Flower Play Die Set following Sue's Tutorial here and here. I added Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue and Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow Glitter Jewels.

The white mat behind was created from Coconut White Card and Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics A. I added a White 8mm Pearl to each corner.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card and one of my favourite colours I really like this
    stamp and the dies just an all round beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia,

    Stunning card, love the design and that colour Teal is lovely.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love everything about this card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Would love to see you in Prestatyn but doubt ny boss would be happy if I nipped over during work!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card and I love the colours I would never have thought of aqua with daisies! I must use my dies more often to emboss Sadly for us non drivers 2 miles down the road can be too far

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour and the dies really enhance the daisies..
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. Yet another lovely card. Can remember seeing the pearl sprays before, are they new or have I just missed them, they are a lovely finishing touch. Up early today, off to have me mammies grammed! SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, love todays card, and only wished I could get to the workshops but being disabled and living in the south of England really counts that out.


    Have a great Thursday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card, I love this set of dies. It's my birthday today so I'm hoping for of new dies. Hope you have a great day in Wales.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,love today's card it's just gorgeous and in my favourite colour Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Julia, love the colours and the design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the dies I really want them and the set to make the cute basket. Have a safe journey I hope the demos go well. Thank you for doing workshops on Saturdays. I am going to do some negotiating with hubby to see if I can come to one. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    This card is stunning, love the colours and the die you have used. the flower is very sparkly - love it
    Enjoy Wales
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, a beautiful card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh julia this card is so pretty I love it the teal is a lovely colour thank you love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Julia I love the new York dies they are fab. Well done Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia and all

    Beautiful card. I love the way you have used the three middle dies from the triple floral dies. Very pretty, fresh colouring. Thanks for sharing.

    I have to agree with karenlotty it is presumed now that everyone drives and can be difficult if you don't, also I don't have a chauffeur to drive me either,lol.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful card love the colours too. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Julia, your are incredibly thoughtful, giving out all the relevant details needed for people who want/are going to your workshops.
    Gorgeous card, thanks for showing so many ways to use this die set. So as I live 50'sh miles east of you I csn say it's too far lol. I went to APAt the weekend, and could only glimps you as it was so busy. Kathryn looked like a pro, serving and very knowledgable, very polite and very beautiful. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning card Julia. The fabulous design using those dies and John's stamp is beautiful and the colour is lovely and delicate. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, Great information for travelling and hotels etc for your workshops, thank you. I hope your demo's go well today.
    A gorgeous card, lovely colours, lovely die-cuts and fabulous stamping.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, Great information for travelling and hotels etc for your workshops, thank you. I hope your demo's go well today.
    A gorgeous card, lovely colours, lovely die-cuts and fabulous stamping.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia

    A very pretty card, those spellbinders dies are so pretty.

    Travelling is difficult and painful so workshops are out for me unless they are very, very, very local. That's why I adore seeing you, Sue, John and others on create and craft and you tube.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card & loving the Spelli Triple Floral Die set, so pretty..
    All John's stamps are lovely & the sentiments are different & new...
    Love the colours of this one.

    Stunning as always.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!