Wednesday 2 November 2011

Tatty Button Snowman and Seasonal Distress Inks

Hi Bloggers!

Well, guess what the postie delivered to me this morning? The title of this post should be a big hint - yep, the seasonal distress ink sets as featured on Tim Holtz's blog.

It was really hard for me to finish my chores (there weren't many of them) before I could have a play.

For this card I've used Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough from the Winter set.


I stamped the Creative Expressions Tatty Button Snowman with the Iced Spruce Distress Ink. I coloured him in with Grey Green and Tea Green promarkers. I really like the way they toned in with the distress ink. I cut the image out with an Oval nestie and inked around the edges with the Iced Spruce.

The back mat is an 8" x 8" piece of Colorcore Whitewash which is stuck onto a Craftwork Cards card blank. The scalloped oval mat has also been cut from the whitewash and so has the Doily Lace border using a Martha Stewart punch.

The Polka Dot backing paper is from Polka Doodles Sundae of Seasons CD. It's been distressed with scissors and inked with the Iced Spruce.

The long backing panel on the left has been made by stamping the snowflake from the Creative Expressions Christmas Swirl set with Perfect Medium and then embossing it with Clear embossing powder. I then inked the area with the Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough distress inks using Cut & Dry foam. I wrapped some fluffy white yarn around it.

I made some background paper by inking with the Iced Spruce and the Evergreen Bough and then spritzed lightly with water. I then blotted with some kitchen roll. This gave a nice mottled effect. I cut some snowflakes out using the Spellbinders Create a Flake die set from the inked backing paper I had created and from the whitewash. I layered them up and added Woodware Snowflake brads to two of them and Craftime buttons to the other two. The pearly stringy embellishment is meant to be used for a wedding piece of some sort (I've had it years!).


The lettering that I used for the sentiment is chipboard - I think it's Maya Road. I inked up the letters with the Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and once dry I painted them with Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Paint Aurora Sparkle.

The card was assembled as per the Sunday Sketch and Stamp Challenge this week.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges -
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challeng 17 - Lace it up
I love Promarkers Challenge 90 - Glitter & Glitz
Crafters Companion Challenge 18 - Let it Snow

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Julia, love the image and the greens are just lovely. Great card. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Julia, love the soft colours too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card that. Love the addition of the fibres, or pearly stringy stuff as you call it, lol. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic, lovely embellishing, thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! This looks fabulous! What a gorgeous card and brilliant details :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!