Wednesday 30 November 2011

Tiffany in Blue

Hi Bloggers,

This is my second post today. Hope you've had a good day so far.

I wanted to share this card with you -


The image is called Tiffany and she's from Sugar Nellie. I've had her a while and have been putting off stamping her as there have been so many fab cards using her on The Sugar Bowl that I felt I may not be able to do her justice. Anyway, today I've taken the plunge and I'm pretty happy with the result.

I stamped Tiffany in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured her with promarkers. She's in blue to follow the Ice and Snow theme on the Sugar Bowl Challenge this week.


I cut Tiffany out using the largest of the Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles dies. I cut some poinsettias out using the smallest 3 dies from the Spellbinders Layered Poinsettias die set and inked through the dies with Stormy Sky Distress Ink. I cut 2 of each size. I assembled the poinsettia and added a blue gem in the middle.


The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley. I didn't have quite the right size nestie for a mat for it so I used a Spellbinders Layered Poinsettias die to create the mat. Although I've made this card as a Birthday card, it could just as easily be a Christmas card instead if a different sentiment is used.


The backing papers are all from Polka Doodles Sundae of Seasons CD.

The card was assembled onto a Craftwork Cards 8" x 8" card blank as per Gayle's Sketch at The Sugar Bowl

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges -
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Make It Monday #65

Hope you like Tiffany as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

3 comments:

  1. I spy a poinsettia!! Lovely colour and also works really well as a mat :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia .Great frame for sentiment .Love the blue hues and the pretty image .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I LOVE the soft blues you used & your colouring is FAB!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!