Thursday 28 September 2017

Open Weave using the Intermediate Weaving Die

Hi Bloggers.

Great workshop up at CE HQ yesterday. My next workshop up there will probably be in November as October is pretty busy already. Over the next 2 days I'll be prepping and packing for my next workshop which is on Saturday located just outside Milton Keynes. We're operating a Pick 'n' Mix on this workshop where attendees choose up to 6 projects for a selection available. Bookings for this one close at 12noon tomorrow - you can book via my website here.

Here's today's card -

This card features an open weave using only the Intermediate Weaving Die. I cut it once out of Milk Card and twice out of Sky Blue Card. I left the Milk die cut completely intact and only cut the strips on one side of the Sky Blue one. Leaving one side of the Sky Blue one intact means that it's easy to keep even spacing. It takes almost one and a half of the die cuts to weave the full width.

I've embossed a piece of Milk Card using the CE Brambled Rose Embossing Folder. and glued my weave to it.

I added my frame cut from Milk Card using Sue's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B using Woodware 2mm Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess. I matted onto Milk Card and then Sky Blue Card and finally another piece of Milk Card.

I added Sue's Thank You Die cut from Milk and Sky Blue Card.

The foliage is cut using Sue's Spring Foliage Die Set. The flowers are made using Sue's Striped Nasturtium Die Set with little flowers added to their centres from the Spring Foliage Die Set.


I completed my card by adding a 3mm Cream Pearl to the centre of my flowers.

Francoise Read has shows on Hochanda today at 7am, 11am and 3pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items on my website from the shows you can find them here. The discount is not automatic - enter FRANCOISE in the discount code box at checkout. There's a reminder of the code in the section header for the show products. Offer is valid for today only or while stocks last.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia a lovely card I do like all the variations you produce xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia, beautiful card.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia. I have to a WOW card this morning . You are truly amazing at weaving cards.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another WOW card Julia just love the weaving cards.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, another great card, keep these coming please

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia, a gorgeous card, love the effect of the weave over the embossed background, and the colours are beautiful. Hope all your prep goes well. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I love your woven backgrounds.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty Julia
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Gorgeous, loved this one when you showed it on tv.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia this is a stunning card. I really am going to have to buy those weaving dies. I hope all your prep goes well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia , just beautiful
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely weaving card Julia. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another workshop, you must definitely be shattered Julia....why have you not been nominated for the craft awards, you deserve to be.....Another stunning card today Julia, queen of weaving...I love each and every card you make using this technique...thank you...luv Ursula...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Another of your weave dies, I really enjoy what you do with them. Pretty colour, Thanks for sharing.

    I agree with Ursula about the craft awards, a shame you were not nominated.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia

    Love the colour tones and design on this card

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Another stunning weaving card today. You really are the queen of waving. I have to buy all those dies now. It’s a must try.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card design shows a wonderful combination of textures and over all lovely design. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, This card is gorgeous !! I adore this weave, the colours and all the die-cuts you have used.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful You are definitely the queen of backgrounds - both messy and weaving

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am pleased to have another weaving card today. Another one to give me inspiration

    Glad you have a good day yesterday. I know all going will enjoy the Saturday YG session.

    Next post? Who knows where!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another lovely woven background.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia This card is really beautiful I love the weaving and the nasturtiums. Julia you have had such a hectic time recently I hope you manage to get some time for relaxation we don't want you wearing yourself out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Julia x love the colours and the foliage x the weaving is perfect x thankyou Julia x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card design Julia Beautiful just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!