Tuesday 26 September 2017

Glitterbitz and Weaving

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I made this card at Ally Pally - I love the Glitterbitz with the Classic Weaving Die.

I added a piece of CE Double Self Adhesive Sheet to a piece of Coconut White Card. I measured the amount needed to cut the Classic Weaving Die, removed the backing and added Silver Chrome CS Glitterbitz. I then cut the Classic Weaving Die from it.

I cut the Intermediate Weaving Die from Coconut White Card twice and glued the 2 die cuts together at the ends only, offsetting them to fill in the gaps. I then wove these through the Classic die cut in pairs - remember 2 x Intermediate =1 x Classic in width so this ia a quick weave.

I added a frame made from Coconut White Card using dies #2 and #4 from Sue's Scalloped Lattice Frame Die Set B and Woodware 2mm Foam Tape. I trimmed away the excess and matted onto Silver Shine Pearl Card cut using die #5 from the Scalloped Lattice Frame set and then onto another piece of Coconut White.

I cut the outer die from Sue's Here Comes Santa Die Set from the DS Adhesive on card and then both dies together our of Coconut White Card. I trimmed the edge all around the DS die cut to make life easier and peeled away the backing sheet. I added my decorative die cut and then Silver Chrome Glitterbitz.

I added some foliage cut from Coconut White and Silver Shine Pearl Card using Sue's Pine Twig and Berry Bough Die Sets. I added a poinsettia made using Sue's Classic Poinsettia Die Set. I popped some CS Glue in the centre and added Silver Chrome Glitterbitz.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

23 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, oooh what a fabulous card, love the bling from the Glitterbitz, the weaving is brilliant. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Gorgeous card love the bling weaving.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, mazing using the glitter blitz, it certainly makes it bling, I love these weaving dies and am adding it to my shopping list.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julia, I need these weaving dies.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. Woven bling!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing all these lovely cards using weaving dies is making me want to get one. Maybe Santa will help out...
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia, fabulous card. Like Jan after seeing your shows over the weekend, I want to get a weaving die.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card I'm going to have a go at die cutting glitterbitz later

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love all the sparkle and shine. Those dies are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Julia love the dies defo on my list thank you
    Love june horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Gorgeous !! I would never have thought to glitter and then die-cut, you are a genius showing us all these fabulous tips and techniques, and this card is fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia. Another WOW card this morning , its just stunning . I love the finishing touches as well......Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Gorgeous card, love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly have had practice on these weaving dies !!! This is another lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too like the use of glitter bitz with the weaving dies. Lovely card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Julia you certainly know how to weave , such a gorgeous Christmas card .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I always like what you do with the weaving dies. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beaitiful card julia x its stunning x really enjoyed your weaving shows and really appreciate all the tips and inspiration x thankyou julia x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Julia, loved all you weaving die cards !
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Julia. Thanks for the inspiration, xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Julia..thank you...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful. Love all you weaving die cards. Thanks for the great tips and techniques.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!