Sunday 24 September 2017

Takeover Shows on Hochanda today

Hi Bloggers.

Day 3 of the Creative Expressions Takeover at Hochanda. Hope you're enjoying the fun and learning lots!

I have 1 hour on Hochanda Netherlands at 9am today and 2 hours on Hochanda UK at 2pm and 4pm with Sue Wilson's Weaving Dies including the brand new Intermediate Die. There isn't enough time to share all the variations I've found so far but I will show as much as I can. I have a two-fer for you today with 2 completely different cards.

This one is made by cutting out the Intermediate Die twice in Coconut White Card and gluing them together to fill in the gaps. I then cut the Intermediate Die out of Lilac and Sky Blue Card. I cut the blue one in half lengthways and glued them toghether to fill in the gaps as before. I then wove 1 lilac then 2 sky blue until complete. The scrunched up flowers are from the Nasturtium Die Set.

Products used -
Sue Wilson Dies - Intermediate Weaving Die, Thank You, Spring Foliage, Striped Nasturtium, Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B
Craft Consortium - Rhinestone Gems
Creative Expressions - Card : Coconut White, Sky Blue, Lilac
Woodware - 2mm Foam Tape





Here's your second card -

This card came about after a conversation I had with Sue Wilson over dinner at Ally Pally last weekend. I've always made woven backgrounds into cards with a frame. She thought it would be good to show one outside of a frame so here you are!

I've cut the Classic Weaving Die out of Glitterbitz on Self Adhesive Sheet on Coconut White Card. I've cut the Intermediate Weaving Die out of Antique Gold Pearl Card and the Striped Weaving Die out of Forest Green Card. I kept the Gold Intermediate intact on it's outer card and wove strips from the other die cuts through it. I trimmed the ends as shown, secured the weave at the back with tape and then trimmed the gold die cut away from it's outer card.

I've added CS Apple Red Glitterbitz to the Here Comes Santa Snow Globe Scene with DS Adhesive Sheet and I've cut Lisa Horton's Ho die from Apple Red Glitterbitz on DS Adhesive on Coconut White Card with her Stylish Script Season's Greetings Die Set.



My Website is up and running again! Yay! It's not perfect but it already looks much better, I think so anyway. I have added a section for the Takeover weekend. You can find it here. Please note - prices are shown as ex-VAT (sigh!) - it will be added at checkout.

You can enjoy 10% discount on products in this section but it's NOT automatic - you will need to enter TAKEOVER in the discount box at checkout. Please don't ask me to amend your order if you forget - I have tested it and it does work. Offer applies till midnight tonight.


You may want to read the Shipping and New Website Info pages at the bottom as navigation is not brilliant just yet and I'm not shipping outside UK at the moment.


Any problems - shout but be patient as I'm a bit busy!


See you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

23 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, 2 fantastic cards today, I love the weaving dies and am looking forward to seeing you on Hochanda later with how to utilise the new intermediate one.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia .. Two stunning cards this morning . You are the Queen of weaving with Sue dies. Both cards as so different but I love the effect you have created on the second card.
    Really enjoying the take over shows and hope you have lots of fun to day.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    No way will I miss your shows today I can't wait to see you using the weaving die. No.1 card is so beautiful and No.2 card is gorgeous so striking.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia, two fabulous cards. Really enjoying all the shows and looking forward to your shows today using the weaving dies.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Two lovely cards, I love the neatness of the framed card but the second card is great too.
    Looking forward to your weaving shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia, two absolutely amazing cards, I love them both, but the 2nd one is just so awesome and different. Looking forward to your weaving die shows. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Two lovely card, like the modern twist on the second one.
    Enjoying the shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia your cards are stunning. Those dies are amazing and so versatile. I loved your demo with them at Ally Pally. I hope all the shows go well today. You have all worked so hard. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cards Julia hope to catch you later on hochanda the shows have been great

    Thank you love june horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards , i have hit the record button.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Cards. I really like the colour scheme to the first card and the unframed design to the second card. I will be adding this die to my collection. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two terrific cards They make a superb focal element too Hopefully I'll be able to watch Is there any football on...? Definitely will be recording them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two absolutely amazing cards, I do love the weaving dies, so this is definitely going to be on my 'buy' list....thanks Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia, you must be in "seventh heaven" with the lastest release of a weaving die! Love the flowers on your first card. The look you got using the weaving outside a frame on the second one is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Goergeous cards. I am so envious of your eye for putting colours together. Brill. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia two fabulous weaving cards I'm hoping I will be able to see your shows on rewind when I get home from holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, Truly loved your shows, especially trying to cram into my brain all the combination numbers !!! haha. You have sold out lots and lots, well done, fabulous demo's and gorgeous samples. Thank you for all the weaving tips and techniques, I was riveted.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just watched your weaving show. What fabulous ideas you have. Love the cards.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julia, both cards are stunning especially your weaving.
    Absolutely loved the shows at the weekend, so informative yet funny at times.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two great cards using my most favourite of dies.

    Still catching up on the CE shows on Hochanda. Throughly enjoyed, not unexpectedly, the first of the weaving shows. Will catch up with the rest tomorrow.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful cards Julia. You are so inspiring with these dies.
    Great weekend of shows for us all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,
    Stunning cards!You really are the Queen of weaving, like Sue said.
    Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!