Sue Wilson is launching a new One Day Special today at 6pm with Part One of her 2017 Festive Collection so I thought I would share a Christmas Card today featuring a couple of the die sets that she has on her shows.
Robin Redbreast Stained Glass Window Die out of Coconut White Card twice. I added Quickie Glue to the back of one and popped onto a piece of Acetate. I trimmed the other die cut a little so that it was smaller than the first, added Quickie Glue to the front of it and added it to the back of the Acetate. This creates a well for filling with Lacquer mixes.
Working on the back, for the green sections, I popped some CS Clear Varnish Lacquer onto my Craft Sheet and added CS Peacock Green Pixie Powder. I mixed it well and added to the areas as shown using a Paint Brush.
For the red strip areas in the frame, I popped some Clear Lacquer Varnish onto my Craft Sheet and mixed in a drop of Rich Crimson CS Intense Pigment Stain. For the berries, I used my red mix and added CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost.
My bird was a bit of an experiment. I started by adding a brush stroke of my pre-glittered red mix to his tummy. Once dry, I added some Clear Varnish Lacquer to my Craft Sheet and added some drops of Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Re-inker. To be honest, I think I added too many drops of the re-inker as it took quite a while to dry so a bit more experimenting is required with that method. There are a few air bubbles that I did not manage to get rid of too but he just looks a bit speckled under his chin 😊. For his beak and his eyes, I used a Clear Varnish Laquer and Sunflower Yellow Intense Pigment Stain mix.
I added a piece of Coconut White Card to the back of my window once all the areas were dry and then matted onto Chestnut Card.
Walnut Stain Distress Oxide onto a Brayer and transferred the ink to the deboss side of the CE Ice Crystals Embossing Folder. I added a piece of Coconut White Card to the cleanside of my folder, closed it and ran it through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Raspberry Plate. Any remaining ink on the folder just falls off when placed under running water. I inked around the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink using a Smoothie. I matted onto Chestnut Card and then Coconut White.
Sue's Pine Cone & Greenery Die Set out of Brunswick Green Card twice. I cut the Pine Cones out of Chestnut Card - once with both dies in each and once with the just the outside dies. I used my pokey tool to help me push the cut sections forward and then glued each pair of die cuts together.
here. Offer applies till tomorrow night. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.
Tim Holtz has announced 12 new colours in the Distress Oxide family. I am taking pre-orders on my website for these now. Stock is expected at the end of August. You can find them and all 12 of the original colours and re-inkers here.
I'm heading up to Phill Martin's Nottingham Honeypot Crafts Store early tomorrow morning to demo at the celebrations of the shop's 10th Birthday. Just thought I would give you a heads up today in case you fancy a visit tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (1st July) - Stampendous Cling Rubber Stamp - Cosmos Spray only £4.99!