Tuesday 11 July 2017

Imagination

Hi Bloggers.

A mega simple card today -

For my background, I used Natural Sponges (not wet, not even damp really, just pliable). I used them to apply CS Colour Clouds to a piece of Coconut White Card that had been cut out using Sue Wilson's Essential Rectangles Die Set. I used Decadent Teal, Decadent Denim and Decadent Wine. I inked around the edges with Decadent Teal using a Smoothie.

The sentiment is from the Woodware Imagine Verse Stamp Set and was stamped using Onyx Black Versafine Ink.

I matted onto Black Card and onto a Coconut White Card Blank.

You could add an image to this if you wish. This style of quick card with varying sentiments is ideal to have in your stash if you need a card in a hurry.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (11th July) - P
hill Martin Sentimentally Yours - Lush Leaves Collection only £7.99!

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia what a,great card I love the background technique and the colours work so well together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, lovely card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Great background again.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a quick card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background-I love it. Great card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    A great background.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. Simple, yet effective. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous I love the technique I must try it I'm still ploughing through distress inks I can't afford to bin them and buy colour clouds - but will do when they need replacing I wonder if they'll work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,
    A great card, love the simplicity of it and I think I will be having a go at this technique.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card and the sentiment colours are brill
    Love June horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Great CAS card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. It may be simple but it is so effective, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia. Beautiful card. You always create stunning back ground. Will have to try this one.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fan card. Definitely need to have a go creating a background using this method.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    This is so stylish, and suitable for so many people/occasions with different sentiments. I think this would work with pixie backgrounds too - I have a stack of those sitting on my desk at the moment, so will try to have a play later!
    Thanks for the inspiration, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Julia - it's sometimes nice to have a simple card to use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It may be mega-simple Julia but is is certainly mega-lovely.

    It has given me an idea for the lightest weight international Christmas cards, thanks for that! Just need some natural sponges.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this natural sponge technique. After watching you demonstrate this technique on Hochanda, I went to the store and bought some natural sponges to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the background you have created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great card Julia, love the colours!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    I love simple cards. The background is so beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, I absolutely love it, and what a fab sentiment. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful CAS card Julia. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Julia and gorgeous background. X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card! Love the effect. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!