Saturday 14 September 2013

On Your Special Day

Hi Bloggers.

Another card from Thursday's shows -

The background is simply a piece of Coconut White Card run through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Cheerful Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and then rubbed Pearl Moon Gilding Wax all over it.

I stamped the image from the Garden Party Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles and inked through the die with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I coloured the image in using Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paints. I used Antique Green, Jade Mint, Marine Sea and Sapphire Sparkle - all from the Luscious Greens Set.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles and inked through the die with Faded Jeans.

I stamped the Vintage Filigree A6 stamp using Faded Jeans and embossed with clear powder. I made a flower as in this tutorial but, I confess, I cheated and used a punch instead of the flower stamp. I cut a couple of leaves out using the Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Add On Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    thank you another pretty card take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Great card again thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, lovely card, very pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Julia,
    Very cute card today... Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. A pretty card in a gorgeous colour. I love the flower too! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia, this is a very pretty card with lots of great detail. The watercolour paints look beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,

    A beautiful card, this could make an alternative Wedding card if the the shoe was a different colour, or maybe not depending on the colour the Bride wears.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning julia,
    Nice card, lovely flower very pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, A beautiful and pretty card today, loving the floral shoe stamp.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, beautiful card, that sapphire blue really pops out at you, I love it! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia today's card is very pretty. I hope you had a great day in Portsmouth yesterday. Enjoy the weekend. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, lovely card, love the shoe stamps, and they have some great sentiments with them. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card Julia, those shoe stamps are absolutely stunning. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia
    How was the visit with Kathryn?
    Well another beautiful card, love the shoes. The embossed background with the wax really pops I really like the shimmer you get. I would use my waxes more often but I love the smell too much and sit there sniffing them instead of using them....
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, Hope you and Kathryn had a great day yesterday.
    Today's card is beautiful, love the shoes and the colours, ordered the watercolours. can't wait to have a play. Thank you for your wonderful inspiration.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, a vey pretty card. Love the shoe stamps and the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card loving these stamps xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh, Julia, good morning and love this card, the black swirl really adds to it although I would never have thought to use the black.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, the colours are very lovey and the card is so pretty, well done to you Love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,

    Stunning card. Love it.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card Julia and I love the shoe stamp

    xx sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, a beautiful card love the colours and the black
    swirl just sets it off.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!