Tuesday 24 September 2013

Hope You Have a Fabulous Day

Hi Bloggers.

I have shows on Create & Craft today at 10am and 2pm - looks like they're with Joanne and Martyn respectively. Hope you can join me.

As promised, here's a card from the Belle of the Ball Stamp Set -


The background is from the lovely Teresa Collins 8 x 8 Paper Pad specially made for Creative Expressions. To make it a little more interesting, I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Large Hepburn Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and then rubbed some Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax all over. When the Gilding Wax was dry, I inked around the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Belle of the Ball Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks - Cosmic Skin from the Skin Tones Set and Umber from the Autumn Shades Set. I also added a little Dark Bronze Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Metallics Mica Spray Set. I cut it out using Spellbinders Pearl Effects and inked through the die with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using a Justrite Vintage Labels Four Die and inked through the die with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

I made 2 ribbon flowers out of Cream Crochet Ribbon following Sue's Tutorial and cut a couple of leaves out of Soft Gold Card using Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding an 8mm Cream Pearl in each corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

See you later. Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a fabulous card the TC papers are fab.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    lovely card so different for you to use a backing paper. thank you will be watching today take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card, I just love that stamp! Won't be able to watch your shows as I will be on the train to Wiltshire! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    What a stunning card just love your stamps of fashion and shoes have a great time on tv today sorry I will not be able to watch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, fabulous card, looks like another set of stamps to add to the wish list. Am going to try watch the shows, while working. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia
    OMG you have used a background paper - but its divine and so sets off the dress.
    Fab card, looks like I will be needing to add to my need list again.
    Enjoy the shows
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I'm recording your shows today's as I have a long day at work. I hope they go well for you. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I got that set of stamps from Ally Pally, fab sample. Will be recording shows to watch tonight have a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card will be watching later xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,

    Beautiful card, love the backing papers, I have this pad of papers and they are gorgeous, well recommended.

    Love the stamps too, I shall record the shows as I shall be at work.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, those backing papers look lovely. Will be watching later xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Just been having a peek at C+C and the dress and bag stamps are so beautiful. Looking forward to the shows.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,

    Really love the card. Thank you. Looking forward to your shows.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, will be watching today Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia,
    A beautiful card, love the backing paper and the embossing adds that little extra. Great stamps too much prefer dresses to shoes. Looking forward to your shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, Love the card, looking foward to the shows, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a pretty card and love the stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,

    Beautiful card. Looking forward to your shows. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia, A very stylish card, love the stamp and background paper. Will be watching the shows, enjoy them.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Elegant card, I need to do more stamping...in the best possible way! Mabex

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning, Julia. Love this card, very pretty stamp, lovely paper and sweet flowers. Will be watching your shows today because I am not at work -good timing! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Julia, I love it !! this card is so beautiful, loving the Teresa Collins background papers, and loving the beautiful stamped image, absolutely gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx
    PS I am patiently waiting for 10am, looking forward to your shows xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Julia, great card, enjoy your shows today,
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI Julia. Great card. I did look twice then saw that you had used a backing paper today, what a surprise! The paper is gorgeous though isn't it, don't blame you for having to use it. Will be watching your shows today. Hope it all goes well and that you enjoy them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, love the stamp and backing paper the card is great also, will be watching today love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another ;lovely card Julia, like the colour scheme very much. Looking forward to watching the shows that I have recording today.
    Glad Ally Pally went well. Hope to make it myself in April

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, a beautiful card. Love the stamps and backing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning Julia. Love the background paper and the dress. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. A super card Julia and I also love the backing paper,

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely card and stamps.Laura O

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!